Errors prevent me from playing Season 2.

edited December 2013 in Game Support

I pre-ordered the Walking Dead Season 2 about 3 days ago. I have been eagerly waiting for it all day. However, when I had downloaded it, I was given the annoying server error that told me that it couldn't connect to the Telltale servers. This has so far been going for almost for hours. However, I am now getting a different error as well, telling me that I don't own the game. I have an email detailing my purchase from Green Man Gaming, the site that I pre-ordered from, and the game is also listed in my Telltale library. I'm going to make a wild guess and say that I'm not the only one getting these errors.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still experiencing log in errors, please reply with what your error message says, and whether you are on PC or Mac, and whether your on Steam or playing through Telltale. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• edited December 2013

I've been trying for about 4 hours or so. I just tried a full reinstall and retried. The same thing - It says "Click to begin", there is a pause of about 3 seconds and "Login Error. Can't communicate with Telltale Servers. OK". The only way out is to hit Alt+F4.
    Edit: This is on PC. Just tried Walking Dead Season 1 and it works fine.
    Update: I'm now in. I looked into the registry to see what it was trying to auto-login with and the e-mail address was a very old address. No idea where it got that from. Deleted it, it asked me for my login details and now it works.

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still e

• Got the same problem. Keep putting my account info in and getting that error. How is this solved server issues, aye?

WyDavies posted: »

I've been trying for about 4 hours or so. I just tried a full reinstall and retried. The same thing - It says "Click to begin", there is a pau

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please try completely closing out of the game, and then relaunching the game. If you still are receiving the error issue, please email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com and we would be glad to assist you

AlexMA posted: »

Got the same problem. Keep putting my account info in and getting that error. How is this solved server issues, aye?

• Can you give me a quick tutorial on what you have done get the game to work?

WyDavies posted: »

I've been trying for about 4 hours or so. I just tried a full reinstall and retried. The same thing - It says "Click to begin", there is a pau

• I am getting the can't connect to telltales servers error. I've restarted several times. Firewall isn't blocking it.

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

This discussion has been closed.