Telltale connection

edited December 2013 in Game Support

I Open up the game and it tells me to click to continue but tells me there is a log in error and can not connect with Tell Tale...How do I fix this?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We did experience server connection issues at the time of our launch, but you should now be able to log in successfully. If you are still unable to log in, please email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• From what I understand people are still having trouble not just myself.

We did experience server connection issues at the time of our launch, but you should now be able to log in successfully. If you are still unab

• That is correct. I still have those same problems..

EMTP871 posted: »

From what I understand people are still having trouble not just myself.

If you are still experiencing these issues, please try these suggestions:

Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Walking Dead.

This may also be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type €€€€and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher€€

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

If the issue still persists after these suggestions, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance.

tmfm2000 posted: »

That is correct. I still have those same problems..

• Tried this and it still doesn't work.
    About your first suggestion (changing password) - the message I get is that I cannot communicate with the Telltale servers. It never says my username or password would be incorrect.
    I have contacted support btw, ~12h ago and no answer yet. But I guess that could be a time zone thing..

If you are still experiencing these issues, please try these suggestions: Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 an

• This fixed it for me thanks!!!

If you are still experiencing these issues, please try these suggestions: Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 an

• Yes, the issue still persists and you don't answer my emails. WTF is going on, are you hiding under your desks or something? FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the recent launch, we have received an above average amount of tickets and are answering them in the order received. We are working to answer every ticket, but if you have a question or issue, I would be glad to assist you as best I can.

Eeezo posted: »

Yes, the issue still persists and you don't answer my emails. WTF is going on, are you hiding under your desks or something? FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME.

This discussion has been closed.