Walking Dead (2) PS3 - Unable to find save from season 1

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you still see your original save file if you open up Season 1?

Didn't touch or go near the season 1 save file.

• Yeah same, didn't touch season 1 file only deleted 2 episode 1 couple of days ago

• yes original save file from season 1 is still there.

• I even loaded season 2 from the season 1 save file page and that didn't work.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting and re-downloading The Walking Dead: Season Two from the Playstation Store, and make sure you are connected to the internet when starting the game for the first time, to make sure you are receiving any updates necessary to make the game run successfully.

yes original save file from season 1 is still there.

• Was already in the process my friend. Gunna load episode 1 see if it works then load ep 2. Will then see if it's an ep 2 download problem

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting and re-downloading The Walking Dead: Season Two from the Playstation Store,

• So far so good having re-downloading episode 1 it loads will now try with ep 2.

• Yes it's an episode 2 problem. Once I downloaded episode 2 it wouldn't find the save file.

• Going to go through the whole process again, and not delete the save file from ep 1. Hopefully ep1's save file will carry over to ep 2. With all the time between the us and eu release you'd think errors like this would be sorted.

• edited March 2014

Hi, I basically have the same problem as the rest of you. Bought the GoTY edition and completed Season 1 + 400 Days just last week, then I just bought the Season Pass for Season 2 today, downloaded the first 2 episodes AND downloaded the patch upon starting the game. Yet still, it's unable to find saves from Season 1...To clarifiy, I have matching versions, i.e. got the European disc version of Season1/400Days and Season 2 off Eu PSN store. Deleted Season 2 again, currently re-downlading, but just the first episode since someone here suggested it's due to episode 2...we'll see. I just pray it'll work, just like everybody else I wanna continue Season 2 with my choices!

• I seem to be experiencing the same problem. Since downloading Season 2 Episode 2 from EU PSN, the game is no longer recognizing my Season 1 save games. I did not encounter this problem when starting Episode 1 prior to this.

I have tried re-downloading both episodes of Season 2 and the Season Pass, but this has not had any effect. I have checked my Season 1 saves and they are still there and have been uploaded to the cloud.

Can someone from Telltale please provide some insight? I really want to get back to playing the game with my decisions in tact.

• It's definitely an episode 2 download issue that needs to be patched. Re-download the game with just episode 1. Once you've played through episode 1 then download ep2. This has worked for me. A patch needed telltale.

I apologize for the inconvenience. There was a patch/update that was released with Episode 1 that will allow you to import your Season 1 saves successfully. Please make sure to be connected to the internet when first starting Season Two, to make sure you are receiving this patch.

• edited March 2014

Mike, I don't think you understand the problem here.

Like you said, that patch/update came with Episode 1. The problem we are reporting here is happening because of the latest episode, Episode 2, so that patch is useless for this problem, considering it was released before Episode 2.

And this needs to be patched as soon as possible, because if not, people who are experiencing this problem will have to delete their game and then re-download everything every single time they want to replay the game from the start. If someone wants to replay all the episodes 5 times with their Season 1 save files, they will have to delete and re-download everything 5 times.

It's unacceptable, especially considering we PS3 European users had to wait nearly 3 months for the episode.

I apologize for the inconvenience. There was a patch/update that was released with Episode 1 that will allow you to import your Season 1 sav

• Totally rite. It's an episode 2 issue.

Brain7 posted: »

Mike, I don't think you understand the problem here. Like you said, that patch/update came with Episode 1. The problem we are reporting h

• Yeah, I'm getting this problem too. Bought Ep 1 last week with a season pass, had ep2 down yesterday. Having fired up season 2 for the first time today, it is steadfastly refusing to find my season one save.

Currently trying a delete/reinstall and seeing if that works..

• edited March 2014

It will work if you only install Episode 1 at first. Play it, complete it and only then install Episode 2.

Things is, if in the future you want to replay everything again with Season 1 save files, you'll need to do that all over again (delete and reinstall), considering the problem resides in Episode 2, God knows why.

Telltale really needs to patch this, because we can't just be deleting and re-downloading the game every single time we want to play it again from the beginning with Season 1 files.

Hope the mods inform Telltale of this real quick.

Yeah, I'm getting this problem too. Bought Ep 1 last week with a season pass, had ep2 down yesterday. Having fired up season 2 for the first

• Really? bloody hell.

It will work if you only install Episode 1 at first. Play it, complete it and only then install Episode 2. Things is, if in the future yo

• On an aside note, ep1 is now working..

Really? bloody hell.

• Needs a patch. Simple.

• This is f*cking ridiculous! After being late for a month they STILL screw it up!

Worked fine for a while, then it DELETED all of my season 2 saves! Tried to restart, and now it says there's no season 1 savefile available. Season 1 & 400 days OK. Deleted game and re-installed, no effect. Great!

F*cking amateurs!

• HI, (I'm playing on PS3) I've completed the entire "TWD season 1" plus "400 Days" (no rewinds, no skips and still at the beginning of "TWD season 2" game randomized some of my choices!) and than I've completed first episode from the second season "All That Remains". Yesterday I want it to play the episode 2 "A House Divided" but the game couldn't find my SAVE DATA ("unable to find a save" screen)I even don't have stats from "All That Remains" it looks like I've never played this episode. I've checked all my SAVE GAMES on my PS3 and I've only found an empty SAVE GAME from "TWD season 2 and SAVE GAME from the first season + "400 Days" (time of the last save game was right after I've completed the "400 DAYS").Long story short, if I want my choices to affect the story I'll have to start over again!
    Question: Wouldn't be possible to release a patch in which we could choose what decisions we've made in previous episodes? that would be a very handy option in situations like this. Thank you.

• Finished season one and 400 days DLC a couple days ago, just went to start season 2 and 'unable I find save'...
    I have both episodes installed... this is my weekend and I found some spare time to maybe get one episode done, but no, robbed of my money again by game companies that get lazy and release broken games.... Sort it!
    I'm in EU btw...

• The patch for Ep 2 breaks the game and your season 2 save file. Delete season 2. Download Ep 1, updated it to 1.03, start a new game and import your season 1 save, wait until the save icon shows up and your new save game is saved. Download Ep 2 and disconnect from WWW, do not update to 1.06. Then some messages come up caused by the missing connection, but just confirm and everything works.
    This is very annoying Telltale! Eventhough the game is great the support and QA is poor!

0taku posted: »

HI, (I'm playing on PS3) I've completed the entire "TWD season 1" plus "400 Days" (no rewinds, no skips and still at the beginning of "TWD s

edited March 2014

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Please note that we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a fix released in the near future. As of now, there is a workaround that has been stated here to allow players to use their saves and play Episode 2. For those of you still experiencing the issue:

1. Please delete Season Two and any game data/save data that is associated with it from the Game Data Utility menu, and the Save Data Utility menu on the Playstation's XMB.
    2. Download and install Season Two Episode 1, as well as the Unlock Key again from the Playstation Store, and start the game.
    3. Then choose to import your saves from Season One.
    4. After importing your saves into Season Two, you will be able to play through Episode 1.
    5. Then after completing Episode 1, you will be able to download and install Episode 2, and continue your save from there.

Please note that we are currently looking further into the issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you, while we are still looking into the issue.

• So do I get a free season pass for the next telltale release for pointing out problem and part time solution, in essence doing your job for you?
    ;)

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Please note that we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a fix released

• Oh and sack the programmer who was in charge of that link. Lol

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Please note that we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a fix released

• I wanted to start a 3rd save file for season 2 and it wont import season 1 saves. Lucky I already have 2 save files with season 1 imports with alternative choices.

• Patch don't work Telltale I got update didn't work

I apologize for the inconvenience. There was a patch/update that was released with Episode 1 that will allow you to import your Season 1 sav

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please read my above workaround, and you should be able to import your Season One saves successfully.

SonEdo posted: »

I wanted to start a 3rd save file for season 2 and it wont import season 1 saves. Lucky I already have 2 save files with season 1 imports with alternative choices.

• Will this be fixed? I have a second save from season one I want to try. The workaround will kill my first save since I have played the two first episodes of season two.

• edited March 2014

It HAS to be fixed. Even though there is a workaround, we can't just delete the game and reinstall everything every single time we want to play it all again with S1 save files. That's absurd.

Really hope it doesn't take much long for Telltale to release a patch.

Jones84 posted: »

Will this be fixed? I have a second save from season one I want to try. The workaround will kill my first save since I have played the two first episodes of season two.

As stated in my previous workaround message, we are currently looking into it, and hope to have a fix out in the near future. At this time, if you would like to have multiple playthroughs on multiple save slots, the way to do that would be to delete your game and save data as specified above, and then after installing only Episode 1, import both of your Season 1 saves and play through Episode 1 on both save imports before downloading Episode 2. I apologize for any difficulties this causes you as we look further into the root cause of the issue.

It HAS to be fixed. Even though there is a workaround, we can't just delete the game and reinstall everything every single time we want to p

• I hate not able to play like usual. :c

• Mine has worked fine since I figured how to transfer my save files from season one to episode 1, episode 2 worked fine, had a glitch where the game froze, but thank god it froze right after a save

As stated in my previous workaround message, we are currently looking into it, and hope to have a fix out in the near future. At this time,

• everyone had to wait for the second episode!
    stop buying episodic adventures if you can't handle waiting.. The purpose of this is to make them money and build anticipation!! the time between episodes gives the people that have played a chance to tell their friends and let the word get around..so more people get into the game.. Season 1 took forever but it was worth it!! and look at the awards it got..people complain no matter what the problem.seems humna nature has caused a bunch of whiny people to come out of their closets.. i feel bad for the game developers..making games for people who do nothing but cry like little crotches!

Mike, I don't think you understand the problem here. Like you said, that patch/update came with Episode 1. The problem we are reporting h

• edited April 2014

Any news about the update mods? Almost a month has passed.

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you guys, I unfortunately do not have any more information on the subject, but please know that we are working hard to getting a fix released so that you will be able to play the game without this issue occurring.

Any news about the update mods? Almost a month has passed.

• Ok Mike, thank you.

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you guys, I unfortunately do not have any more information on the subject, but pl

• Yesterday i got an update and i tried playing the game. But it still doesn't work.

This discussion has been closed.