Which saves are being imported into Season 2?

edited December 2013 in Game Support

Ok, here's the deal: in my first walkthrough I finished TWD season 1 completely, and the 400 days dlc afterwards, all from the same saveslot (ingame)
While waiting for season 2 I got bored once and wanted to see how my decisions affect story and gameplay and started the game anew. Don't ask me if I used another saveslot for that attempt or not, I truly can't remember. Fact is, if I start up the game (on steam) I only find 1 slot that's telling me that all of the episodes have been installed - but I can't see my exact progress.

The question is now: when I start playing season 2, will the game automatically take the complete savings from season 1, or just the latest ones, where I didn't even finish more than one episode. Probably I didn't even finish the first one.
I'd just like to make sure the game's using the complete savings before I begin. Otherwise I'll delete my savegames and start all over...

Here's a screenshot with all of my savegame-files, but that won't be any helpful I guess
http://s1.directupload.net/images/131218/vp9k8p4s.jpg

P.S.: yes, I've read the FAQ before I started this post ;-)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

If you have overwritten your playthrough with a new one, season 2 won't have access to it. It only show what you can see in season 1 and lets you select the save slot.

There might be a chance of getting your savegames back.

Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD").

Then try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the savegame folder ( %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead ). If there are multiple versions try restoring each of them starting with the latest. If the prefs.prop is much bigger than 10KB chances are best it's the correct set of savefiles.

This discussion has been closed.