edited December 2013 in Game Support

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Is there anything we can assist you with?

• Probably not, but I'm sure the thousands of people not being able to run The Walking Dead Season 2 would.

MattP posted: »

Is there anything we can assist you with?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are still having difficulty running the game, please clarify what the issue is, and which platform you are trying to play it on, and I can try to assist you with your difficulties.

MonkeyDot posted: »

Probably not, but I'm sure the thousands of people not being able to run The Walking Dead Season 2 would.

• edited December 2013

Right now my issue is playing tag with the support email taking many hours between correspondence.

(and of course that the game doesn't work, but that's old news at this point)

If you are still having difficulty running the game, please clarify what the issue is, and which platform you are trying to play it on, and I can try to assist you with your difficulties.

• edited December 2013

I've installed the game on Windows 8 and when I try to start it, it gives me the "TWD2.exe has stopped working" message. I've also tried running it as administrator and on compatibility mode with Windows 7. I'm also 100% sure I meet the minimum requirements.

And while I, a paying customer can't use what I've paid for, pirates have already played the episode twice with no problem at all. I'm also 100% sure I wouldn't have had problems with Steam, so is there really no way of getting a Steam key to solve this problem? With all these issues, I'm not really seeing a point to using this website to buy the game.

• I played Season 1 just fine with the controller. Besides, I don't even think I had the controller connected, but I'm not sure, I also can't test it again now, I'm not on that computer.

HadesGigas posted: »

You need a dinput8.dll file for Windows 8 + controller to work. I don't know why they don't include it, it has been an issue with all their ga

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Are you using a gamepad to play the game? If so, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free, as this has been known to fix crashing issues. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I've installed the game on Windows 8 and when I try to start it, it gives me the "TWD2.exe has stopped working" message. I've also tried runni

• I am not sure if it was connected, I don't think so, but TWD Season 1 worked just fine. I haven't upgraded to Windows 8.1 as it brings other issues related to gaming.

Are you using a gamepad to play the game? If so, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free, as this has been known to fix crashing issues. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• You need a dinput8.dll file for Windows 8 + controller to work. I don't know why they don't include it, it has been an issue with all their games since like Sam & Max 3. You can google a way to get it.

Alternatively you can unplug the controller before starting it up, and play with mouse and keyboard.

I've installed the game on Windows 8 and when I try to start it, it gives me the "TWD2.exe has stopped working" message. I've also tried runni

This was an issue with Windows 8 that Microsoft corrected in Windows 8.1.

HadesGigas posted: »

You need a dinput8.dll file for Windows 8 + controller to work. I don't know why they don't include it, it has been an issue with all their ga

If you played Season 1 with a controller on Windows 8, you manually put a dinput8.DLL into your game data folder. Windows 8 would not launch Season 1 with a controller plugged in otherwise. If this solution worked for you on Season 1, you can try it again on Season 2, or upgrade to Windows 8.1 as support for this has been added.

I played Season 1 just fine with the controller. Besides, I don't even think I had the controller connected, but I'm not sure, I also can't test it again now, I'm not on that computer.

• I didn't use any solution, it just worked. Mind you, I was using the Steam version that time, not the Telltale Games version.

MattP posted: »

If you played Season 1 with a controller on Windows 8, you manually put a dinput8.DLL into your game data folder. Windows 8 would not launch

This discussion has been closed.