First Mariachi appearance

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
You've got to help me.

Ever since I played the 203, I have had a feeling I have seen the "Did someone say 'birthday'?" sequence before. After a little Google research I found a review that made me think Mariachis first appeared in the first episode of the second season.

If it is so, please tell me how exactly it happened, as I have been having great headaches about this.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    It happened in Stinky's diner, with the bug. Someone mentions the word birthday, and so they come in.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks a lot, now I'll try finding a video. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Shoot, I failed to find that in any of the walkthrough videos. Could you be more specific about the sequence? Is it possible to skip it?

Thanks)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    You can miss the mariachi's first appearance. You need to talk to the bug in the diner two times for him to appear. This has to be early in the game, before you've traveled to Christmas Present and seen the bug's family.
  • edited July 2008
    Thank you for the reply, I guess I'll just install the game and pass that place over if it's early in the game. (I'm really eager to see that appearance again) ;)
  • edited July 2008
    There's also an appearance in 202, by the way. I'm not sure what you need to do to see it, but IIRC you can't miss that one.
  • edited July 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    There's also an appearance in 202, by the way. I'm not sure what you need to do to see it, but IIRC you can't miss that one.

Yeah that one's mandatory. It's right after
    Sybil breaks up with Lincoln
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »

Oh, that's definitely the one I was trying to remember. But the one in Ice Station Santa was funny, I hadn't seen it before.
  • edited August 2008
    When I tried the one in Moai Better Blues, the music wasn't there.
    "Did somebody say... birthday?"
    "Ole!"
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    it's during Sybil breaking up with Lincoln
Sign in to comment in this discussion.