Store... [lives again! It is reborn...]

edited July 2008 in Site Support
Hi all,

We'll be taking the store offline for some work starting in about two hours. During the maintenance, only the store and shopping carts will be affected. The main page, forums, blogs, comics, etc. should remain available.

The bad news:
No, we're not releasing Homestar Ruiner today. Sorry. We'll be announcing a release date soon.

The good news: Instead, we'll be releasing the very newest version of our store, with lots of improvements that should please those of you who've had trouble in the past!

Right now I can't predict too closely how long the store will be down for. Assuming all goes smoothly, it shouldn't be more than an hour or two.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    When the store is back I'm wanting to be seeing Max plushes there!
  • edited July 2008
    We're not adding any products, sorry :)
  • edited July 2008
    what? you can't program plushies and such? what kind of website-...ahh...-guy are you? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/

Damn. Is it meant to be like that?

Edit: The Bone page just had a warning saying that it was down, yet it was displaying fine. Now that warning has gone. Weird!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I think series pages had to go down as well since you can buy things off of them. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Heh I forgot to turn off the Bone page apparently. Shouldn't matter too much, though.

Site's looking good, we should have things back on pretty soon now.

(Also, you weren't supposed to be able to see the red warning bars... that's been fixed now :))
  • edited July 2008
    Okay, store's back up! Enjoy.

(Note that only the checkout process will look different with the new version... the store itself looks pretty much the same :))
    edited July 2008
    Feel free to test it by buying as many things as you can afford! Get gifts for your friends!
  • edited July 2008
    You guys just changed the checkout process to try and get us to buy stuff to see the new version... you guys are tricky bastids. I will have to wait until SBG4AP comes out to see it, however, as funds will not allow for frivolous hat purchases.
    edited July 2008
    The change is actually quite large under the hood! While the checkout path is now different (and very much refined), we've also moved to a new fulfillment warehouse (yaaay!!!). So, that's awesome.

Extreme kudos to Doug, Mike, Eric, and Emily for working this stuff out. I made a few gifs!
  • edited July 2008
    The fact that you are now handling your own processing is pretty sweet. Thanks for a bit more on the details of this update. I know it wont affect my daily life, but I still enjoy hearing what is going on behind the scenes of these updates.
    edited July 2008
    We have yet to see how it works out, but this should (hopefully) put a stop to a lot of the weird in appropriate customs charges and mislabeled boxes people have been getting. We'll have to wait and see once things actually start shipping out. It's going to be a better experience for sure, but how much better is still TBD.
  • edited July 2008
    It should also mean more reliable shipping overseas. Also, better packaging and such. Now I sit here all day watching my error report mailbox to see what goes wrong that we didn't find in the last month of testing :)

Edit: Right after I wrote this, our UK test subject let me know he got his test shipment. It shipped on 7/3 and got there today (7/7), so that should say something about the improvement :)
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It should also mean more reliable shipping overseas. Also, better packaging and such. Now I sit here all day watching my error report mailbox to see what goes wrong that we didn't find in the last month of testing :)

Edit: Right after I wrote this, our UK test subject let me know he got his test shipment. It shipped on 7/3 and got there today (7/7), so that should say something about the improvement :)

*wipes tear* I love you guys.

(also, shouldn't that be 3/7, since it is your UK test subject?) ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The change is actually quite large under the hood!

Yea, right! That's what my surgeon tells me! Seriously though, any improvement is good. And the warehouse news just warms my heart.
    Right after I wrote this, our UK test subject let me know he got his test shipment. It shipped on 7/3 and got there today (7/7), so that should say something about the improvement

If you want to test how well it works when you send things to Sweden, you can always hit me with some complementary Sam & Max merchandise and I'll tell you all about when it got here. How does that sound?
  • edited July 2008
    Yes sir, that is some neato news. Personally, I find the Strong Bad merch link very awesome.:D
  • edited July 2008
    Yay, I can see all of the shipping prices without having to select each one individually to compare them. :D
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2008
    Small glitch with the Billing and Shipping Address forms: If you change the selected country, the State/Province combo is replaced by a textbox, but the value remains. So if you had, for instance "Florida", you'd get "FL".

Major problem: The process crashed after entering my billing information and hitting "Proceed to Next Step".

"Sorry, something went wrong with your request. Our tech people have been notified."

Edit: My street name has an apostrophe: that broke your code. Adding a second apostrophe solved the problem (e.g.: O''Reilly)
  • edited July 2008
    The first one's actually intentional. We might change it, though, if it causes problems.

The second problem should be fixed now.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Feel free to test it by buying as many things as you can afford!

What? Like nothing?
  • edited July 2008
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!
This discussion has been closed.