Sound issue : HeLp!!

edited July 2008 in Game Support
Hi,

Im hardcore sam n max fan. First i played Episode 104 Abe Lincoln must die, which came free with a DVD. I had a sound problem with this one, the sound crackles everywhere so hade to use subtitles. :( Now i bought a season 2 DVD and the same problem persists. Graphics is quick and perfect. I use Geforce 7200 with AMD Turion dual core processor. My sound card is Conexant High Definition Audio. Drivers are upto date. Now i can see many complaining with the crackle, who has Conexant Sound card, and please help! I cant buy a new audio card, and i am a part time gamer. Is there any fix for this? And my friend use soundblaster and even he has the problem. Is it Vista thats the problem?

Guyz, I solved the problem, first try this, it must solve the problem of most vista users!

1. Right click your Sam & Max .exe file which you have installed.
2. Goto Properties -> Compatibility -> Check the box "Run this Program in compatible mode for" -> Click OK
3. Right click again and choose "Run as Administrator"
4. Man i am genious!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Weird that running it in compatibility mode fixed it, but I'm glad to hear you got it fixed! Thanks for telling us the solution.
  • edited July 2008
    Vista does handle audio very very differently from XP, however this is the first I heard of it causing problems with any Sam and Max game (or any game really). Perhaps running it as an administrator (possibly only necessary the first time) just allowed it to configure the sound properties correctly.

Still, this is a weird problem and I'm glad I didn't have to help you out with it. :P
This discussion has been closed.