The Walking dead 101 Error

edited December 2013 in Game Support

Hi Just bought the game while trying to load it crash's with a thewalkingdead.exe has crashed error.

Made sure all drivers are updated
Made sure on the compatibility is unchecked
Made sure steam wasn't set as booting as vista compatibility

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe REG_SZ WIN7RTM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
C:\Windows\SysWow64\CAHS1.dll REG_SZ

Tried all the community fixes which don't work

Here is the link from the TWD Support Tool
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e9admc

here is the event viewer error log
Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0017a4c0
Faulting process id: 0x1ee8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cefff3aa1263c9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
Report Id: f58b9aec-6be6-11e3-a501-606c664360a1

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Does it work if you disconnect from the internet?

• No It doesn't. it is starting to drive me nuts lol

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

The support tool didn't get the system information. Please download the latest version i just uploaded and run it again.

Tarel posted: »

No It doesn't. it is starting to drive me nuts lol

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

Does it crash right after "click to continue" or where?

here it is http://www.sendspace.com/file/0nm8i4

• right after i click to continue :)

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I know that crash, but usually disconnecting from the internet works for it.
    Please try that again but make sure you actually disable all network adapters as described here.
    The only real fix that worked for a few people is updating to the latest BIOS. If disconnecting doesn't work, I would try that.

right after i click to continue

• Just tried it again with my Wireless off and it worked. does this mean everytime i want to play it it will have to be disconnected from the internet?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Unless updating the BIOS works, that's the only known workaround.
    I spent a lot of time a year ago in this thread, trying everything else I could think of with a very helpful user, and eventually updating the BIOS was the only thing that fixed it permanently.

Just tried it again with my Wireless off and it worked. does this mean everytime i want to play it it will have to be disconnected from the internet?

This discussion has been closed.