Unable to play Ice Station Santa! Help!

Ok, this is really annoying-

After I start the game, watching the Maimtron 9000 appear, all I can do is go downstairs.

I go outside, Maimtron goes "What comse up Must come down"

Well, what he said is right- my Computer instantly shut down and restarted for no apparant reason. This happens ALL the time, I can never get passed that scene.

Help plz!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    If you computer is shutting down, there is a good chance that it is in some way driver related. Your best bet is to update your DirectX and graphics drivers.

What are your system specs?
  • I updated my Direct X to version 10, but it still is rebooting invountarily.

To tell truth, I don't really mind, and I'll just wait until Season 1 comes out on Wii.
  • edited July 2008
    Version 10?

If you're on XP, as far as I know, you can't get any higher than version 9.0c, but if you're on Vista, I'm pretty sure it would've come with version 10.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    What Badwolf said. Also, did you try updating you graphics drivers? I'd be happy to walk you through it.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm sorry to say I'm having exactly the same problem, right down to where it blue-screens.

As far as I can tell my Graphics Drivers are all up to date and I just updated DirectX, and still I get to the robot saying "What goes up, must come down" and my computer blue screens and restarts. :(

Can someone help?
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Could be sound related as well, what kind of audio do you have?
  • Kevin wrote: »
    Could be sound related as well, what kind of audio do you have?
    built-in computer speakers... anyways, I'll be really happy if Will, you can help me update my drivers! =D

maybe PM me a walkthrough?
This discussion has been closed.