Anyone else not played season 2 yet?

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
Dont get me wrong, I am a major fan of Sam & Max, and I have already purchased season 2...but I am actually waiting until I have my dvd to play the games...mainly because my internet connection sucks, and I also just like having the disc there to install it again if things go horribly wrong...

My question is, am I the only one? Are there any others who have yet to play it even though its been out for a while now? And for what reason?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with Sam & Max but I haven't played season two yet because:

I'm a Linux user. Got episodes 1-3 to work through WINE but not 4-6. :(
    Waiting for the Wii version to be released
    Waiting again for a possible Wii version of season two
  • edited July 2008
    My computer's internet connection prevents me from using the codes to unlock the games, so I'm waiting for the DVD.

I remember I had to ask for every single manual unlock code via e-mail for season one.
  • edited July 2008
    My laptop makes Sam & Max run pretty slow, so I've only played and completed Abe Lincoln Must Die! and Ice Station Santa (I also prefer not to buy PC games from the internet, I like a physical medium). I'm definitely buying Season 1 on the Wii though, and hopefully Season 2 follows suit and ends up on the Wii next year.
  • edited July 2008
    Tellyn, do you not know of the awesome dvd's that you get after purchasing the seasons?
  • edited July 2008
    Wow...I actually feel lucky that my situation has come about due to my own doing...

And @Tobar: Tellyn might not want to actually buy it off the internet period, irrespective of whether they get a dvd or not...:P
  • edited July 2008
    You're not the only one. I like playing the games off the DVD, too! Something about having a dialup connection kind of demotivates me from large downloads, yet teaches me the patience to wait the months it takes for the DVD to come out. Not so patient, though, that I wanted to wait until the September goodies came out before getting the DVD in August, of course!
  • edited August 2008
    i haven't played the first episode of sam and max season 2 yet because i don't have the credit card and i rather wait when it comes to retail. like best buy or wal-mart.
  • edited August 2008
    i just today finished season 2. it plays choppy and laggy as hell on my computer. however, i'd love to get both seasons for wii just to play them without the performance issues.

...or maybe all i need is some more ram, i dunno.
  • edited September 2008
    I use a mac and episodes 5 and 6 won't work on crossover.
    (sniff)
  • edited September 2008
    I've played the 1st 2 episodes but I'm waiting til my disc arrives
  • edited September 2008
    I've tried playing the demo's of a lot of episodes and the free full episode (104), but they won't work on my computer. It installs fine, but then when I play it, most of the screen turns black and I can just see a bit of the office floor. I think my problem is my graphics card or something similar. I plan to buy Season 1 (and further seasons if they release them) on Wii.
  • edited October 2008
    I only played Ice Station Santa from S2. I don't pay by credit card via the Internet (though I'm thinking about getting another one just for this purpose), so I guess it's waiting time until the DVD arrives in my country.
  • edited October 2008
    Well, yes and no, because I don't have the season, but I'm downloading Ice Station Santa as I type.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2008
    To answer the original question - me. :o

I've played Ice Station Santa but then life took over. I hope to get to them soon. :)
  • edited October 2008
    I fin All 11 Has Anyone Do That Yet And I Getting It On Wii
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    I fin All 11 Has Anyone Do That Yet And I Getting It On Wii

Err...pardon?
  • edited October 2008
    "I finished all eleven episodes. Has anyone done that yet. I am getting it on the Wii."
    Presumably the computer's language subroutines were damaged in some sort of horrific incident.
  • edited October 2008
    Avel wrote: »
    "I finished all eleven episodes. Has anyone done that yet. I am getting it on the Wii."
    Presumably the computer's language subroutines were damaged in some sort of horrific incident.

Or he's a chav.
  • edited October 2008
    Or your being too hard on the kid. :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2008
    I've played every Sam & Max game, and they are awesome, Season 2 turns the entire series into more awesome :).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.