Where can I get....

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
The orignal? I have been looking everywhere!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    I assume you're talking about Hit The Road? The first game?

It's all over ebay. You won't find it in stores unless you live in the UK
  • edited July 2008
    i got my copy off of Amazon for $50, my guess would be ebay or a long shot and get on a plane to the UK
  • edited July 2008
    O_o 50 bucks?
    In germanys amazon it only costs 8,95.
  • edited July 2008
    they were selling it for AU$2.50 recently in Australia.... but no copies in store when I went to have a look
  • edited July 2008
    Ebay definitely has it. I also recommend getting the re-release (they should have a "LucusArts Classic" label on them) since you won't risk getting scratched original CDs, having compatibility issues, and/or messing with floppies.
  • edited July 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    Ebay definitely has it. I also recommend getting the re-release (they should have a "LucusArts Classic" label on them) since you won't risk getting scratched original CDs, having compatibility issues, and/or messing with floppies.

if you do get the original use scummvm
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i got my copy off of Amazon for $50, my guess would be ebay or a long shot and get on a plane to the UK

Ripped off!
  • edited July 2008
    yeah but it was worth it!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    also worth checking: www.half.com
  • edited July 2008
    I got mine from a Australian store who sells it off of eBay.
  • edited July 2008
    The orignal? I have been looking everywhere!
    You can get it for AU$9.87 (which is pretty much the same price for US) from here (EzyGames) - its actually an australian wide store as well. P&H is $10 international

You might also want to pick up Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle all for the same price :D

So that's 4 games for $40 + $10 p&h all brand new. The manuals are on the CD
  • edited July 2008
    hmm, i might order one from them...so i could finally get the english cd...my original german cd is not bad, but i like the english voices better.
  • edited July 2008
    You can also get the scummvm program and then download the sam and max hit the road game from a download program such as limewire thats how i got the game again. now i want the game day of the tentacle.
  • edited August 2008
    I quite don't understand why LucasArts doesn't release a All-Our-Adventures-DVD which you can play on all of your systems via ScummVM (those which work this way, the rest is provided just as it is, (Grim, MI4).

You sometimes can find some LucasArts collections with some adventures in the stores but none of them is complete. If they would sell a full collection in such a way this would enable quite a lot of people playing these games in a legal way.
  • edited August 2008
    true..a complete collection would be awesome. with all them versions. like when i want to play monkey island, i can choose between ega, vga and cd-version. that would be great. unfortunately, someone at lucasarts doesn't know how to make money...or the right money.
    Champ'dout wrote: »
    You can also get the scummvm program and then download the sam and max hit the road game from a download program such as limewire thats how i got the game again. now i want the game day of the tentacle.
    yeah, i tried that once, but somehow i couldn't find the page where i could choose the payment method, so i didn't continue...:rolleyes:
  • edited August 2008
    all lucasarts cares about is making star wars games and alot of them are not that great.
  • edited August 2008
    Champ'dout wrote: »
    all lucasarts cares about is making star wars games and alot of them are not that great.
    Why thank you for your amazing and original insight we never would have realized what a corporate machine Lucasarts is if it weren't for you right guys?
  • edited August 2008
    I'm fairly certain they did release an Adventure Games collection (or 2 or 3) a while back. Probably can't get a hold of them any more, however.
  • edited August 2008
    HAHA someones a comedian. you should try the stage trogllama. for sarcasm does not suit you. But lucasarts released a 2nd adventure set but it hard to find. i think they relaesed it in 2005.
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »

I just looked on amazon and you can get it new for $39.91 with $3.99 shipping
    or like $16.98 used but like new with shipping.
  • edited August 2008
    I saw it in a charity shop the other day for a tenth of that d:

I'm really tempted to buy every copy I see now, just so I can sell them at silly prices and get rich quick.
  • edited August 2008
    I think I'm gonna get that today!

Edit: Did, sweet zombie JESUS!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.