Who will you play as?

edited August 2008 in Wallace & Gromit
Some people think this would be a no-brainer, but I've actually not been as sure. If it's an adventure game series, chances are you'll play as someone who solves puzzles with absurd gadgets and items. However, it also means you'll likely engage in conversation with the other characters and such.

But Wallace hasn't been great at this. Often in the shorts and movies, he's the one bumbling about thinking everything's fine, whereas Grommit slowly unravels the mystery.

Of course, since conversation is a bit of a must, I don't think we'll see too much of Grommit grilling passerby about the devious catburglar that passed through the night before. There's certainly a tradeoff, and it's not as clear cut as Sam vs Max.

(if devs can freely answer this, the thread will be short. Otherwise, the topic's open to speculation)

Comments

• edited July 2008
    I think it might be a little 50-50.You know, maybe you have to do something at night, but Wallace is asleep.So you start to play as Grommit.
  • edited July 2008
    The FAQ says you will get the chance to play as both Wallace & Gromit
    You'll get to play as both Wallace and Gromit in activities that include tinkering with crazy contraptions, embarking upon Wallace's wild entrepreneurial schemes, and finding your way out of the sticky situations that inevitably ensue.

http://www.telltalegames.com/wallaceandgromit/faq
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Yep, both characters will be playable. :)
  • edited July 2008
    *dances* :D
  • edited July 2008
    But will you be able to play as Shaun the Sheep?
  • edited July 2008
    no sorry no
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    no sorry no

And how do you know?
  • edited July 2008
    Will wrote: »
    And how do you know?

oh Telltale you never stop amazing me :)
  • edited July 2008
    what would shaun do?
  • edited July 2008
    you know, the usual: eat, sleep, shed wool
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Wow... I didn't immediately check this thread because I didn't think there would be a direct answer. This is awesome! Although I think that if both hadn't been playable, the game would feel like it was missing something.
  • edited July 2008
    I don't remember Grommit walking on two feet very often or for very long distances, this could cause some gameplay confusion if you really want to preserve the original concept. How will you plan to attack this?
  • edited July 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    I don't remember Grommit walking on two feet very often or for very long distances, this could cause some gameplay confusion if you really want to preserve the original concept. How will you plan to attack this?

I would presume by having him walk on all four... ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Zootch wrote: »

Depends on what he's doing really. I think his normal mode of transportation would be on all fours (unless it calls for something like serving drinks (see concept art) or working with something)
  • edited July 2008
    I think the better question is who won't you play as.
    For example, you probably won't play as Gandalf Murphy.
    Wow. That is probably the single most obscure reference I have ever made.
  • edited July 2008
    or Gandalf the Grey
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »

That's good to know. But I wonder if you would have the ability to switch inbetween controling Wallace and controling Grommit, or if it switches control during certain parts of the game?
  • edited August 2008
    what would shaun do?

Eat Wallace's cheese...
  • edited August 2008
    what would shaun do?

Shaun would be at the farm with Bizzter, he has no meaning in these games
  • edited August 2008
    ladognome wrote: »
    you know, the usual: eat, sleep, shed wool

lol, Shaun should at least, have a small role. :)
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    I would presume by having him walk on all four... ;)

lol
  • edited August 2008
    Well I guess they will have to add the guys from chicken run if they put Shaun in the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.