Best birthday gift ever - cross stiched Max and Cat

edited February 2009 in Sam & Max
I really hate to brag about stuff, specially since I've never written anything here before, but I'm just too excited about the gift I recieved from my girlfriend today:
2725045856_bdc52b8578_m.jpg
(press image for larger) :)

Yes, she friggin cross stiched my favourite moment from Sam & Max - Hit the Road! Anyways, hope this can give som inspiration to folks for their wishlists.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    That's awesome :eek:

I'm jealous :mad::D

But seriously, that's really cool!
  • edited August 2008
    Marry that woman. Now. That is beyond awesome. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Its...its.... ITS BEAUTIFUL! *cries tears of joy*
  • edited August 2008
    That is so neat! It must have taken her a while to make. I hope you weren't so excited that you forgot to shower her with love!

Now that I think about it, any sprite-based game can be translated into cross-stitching... Hmm...
  • edited August 2008
    i'll trade ya! your girlfriend with my... whatever i've got.

>.>

<.<
  • edited August 2008
    This girl must love you.
    Can i be your beneficiary when you die?????:cool:
  • edited August 2008
    She really appreciates the comments, guys, thanks. :D (she's mine! hehe)
    Sprite based games really look lovely in cross stitching, and I think I'll wish for something from DoTT next time, Like purple tentacle vs. bernard or something. This one took her forever, so it won't be in the nearest future, but maybe some months from now. :p

Cross stitching really fits these games, as you don't need to buy thousands of different threads to get the colours right - as the characters often is only made up of 5-10 different shades/colors.

Btw: found someone who almost made the same thing not long ago. Lots smaller stitches though, must've been hard:
    http://joysephine.com/
  • edited August 2008
    novastrum wrote: »
    I really hate to brag about stuff, specially since I've never written anything here before, but I'm just too excited about the gift I recieved from my girlfriend today:
    2725045856_bdc52b8578_m.jpg
    (press image for larger) :)

Yes, she friggin cross stiched my favourite moment from Sam & Max - Hit the Road! Anyways, hope this can give som inspiration to folks for their wishlists.

omg that's amazing!!! it's perfect!
  • I'm not worthy to look at it!!! Too... awesome. =D

Your Girlfriend definetly has too much time on her hands. D=
  • edited August 2008
    supraface wrote: »
    It's not as good as cat-strangle, though.
    Quiet, you! :)

That thing is at least a dozen kinds of awesome.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Would she be willing to share the pattern with a fellow cross-stitcher? I'll make one for Telltale's office.
  • edited August 2008
    I don't cross stitch, but would be willing to learn to get one :)
    edited August 2008
    (Did somebody say office movie night? I hear the Wizard is a lovely film...)
  • edited August 2008
    Btw: found someone who almost made the same thing not long ago. Lots smaller stitches though, must've been hard:
    http://joysephine.com/

not as good as cat-strangle, though.
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Teehee.
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »

No, I think you should be saving that for the case files. Just a thought...

I am amazed at the amount of talent that has shown up on the forums in the past couple of weeks. Several plush Max's, a Sam costume, now this? I have died and gone to S&M heaven (maybe I should have spelled it out there, ummm).

And I agree with ShaggE... MARRY THAT GIRL! Oh the jealousy all of us perpetually single internet nerds have of you now.
  • edited August 2008
    Best girlfriend ever!

--Erwin
  • edited August 2008
    Thanks again for the enthusiastic comments. :)

Emily: I asked her and she didn't use a normal cross-stitch pattern, just printed out a big version of the first frame of this .gif:
    cat.gif

I made this, so it would be easier to reproduce it. :)

crossstitchmaxgr5.jpg

I'm not sure if i did it right, but hopefully it will help.

Btw: what is cat-strangle?
  • edited August 2008
    Max is strangling the cat.
    edited August 2008
    Thanks!
  • edited August 2008
    Hopefully you can submit that in a future "Make something" Sam & Max contest from Telltale.
  • edited August 2008
    Now I wish I could cross stitch... I never thought about how a simple sprite can make a perfect pattern for which to stitch. Think of all the classic gaming opportunities :D
  • edited August 2008
    Those crazy animations were great! I'm waiting for the day when you can do things like that easily in 3D.

--Erwin
  • edited August 2008
    meh...colour!!!
  • edited August 2008
    p.s. not spam finnaly art i like!!!
  • edited August 2008
    Max is strangling the cat.

Don't worry, he's just holding the cat so he can pull a note out of the cats
    stomach.

And another agree, MARRRY HER, NOW!
    You'll find a girl like her just once in your entire life.
  • edited August 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Marry that woman. Now. That is beyond awesome. :D
    thats awesome!
    he's right. marry her. (runs off to find someone who can cross-stitch)
  • edited August 2008
    It's so disgusting it's beautiful!
  • edited August 2008
    Chaosfan wrote: »
    Don't worry, he's just holding the cat so he can pull a note out of the cats
    stomach.

And another agree, MARRRY HER, NOW!
    You'll find a girl like her just once in your entire life.

yes, a girl who actually appreciates the complicated life of an internet nerd.:D
  • edited August 2008
    Dude every woman wishes they were that, not all of them can live up to it. What is that? Exactly.
  • edited August 2008
    Oh man, I wish I knew how to cross stitch, that's freaking cool!
  • Emily wrote: »

Is that the one about the Klan? Tee Hee!
  • edited August 2008
    i want one will your gf make another and sell it to me?
  • edited February 2009
    She did it again! :o
    3274426367_472e6a8851_m.jpg
    (click for larger)
  • edited February 2009
    Both are just AWESOME! I wish I knew someone who would cross-stitch something for me!
    Is your girlfriend a fan of Sam & Max as well, or did she just make these because she knows you love it? Or both?
  • edited February 2009
    novastrum wrote: »
    She did it again! :o
    3274426367_472e6a8851_m.jpg
    (click for larger)

That's awesome! :D
    And in front of the Fallout 3 Vault-Tec lunchbox? DOUBLE AWESOME. :D
  • edited February 2009
    Wow, way too awesome! o.o

I wish I could do something like that! ( well I TRIED to make a small statue out of clay, but.. it didn't quite work out. XD )
  • edited February 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Both are just AWESOME! I wish I knew someone who would cross-stitch something for me!
    Is your girlfriend a fan of Sam & Max as well, or did she just make these because she knows you love it? Or both?

We've played through Monkey Island 3, DoTT and almost finished Sam & Max Hit the Road together, but she's more of a fan of Monkey Island. For me, no doubt, Sam & Max HTR is my favourite adventure-game of all times.

BTW: Cross-stitching with big stitches is pretty easy, but you've got to have the patience :)
  • edited February 2009
    She has good taste. Monkey Island is one of my all time favorite games. The Curse of Monkey Island is the best one, in my opinion. Guybrush is great; I try to make him say things he probably doesn't want to say. XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.