Sam & Max won't launch anymore

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Ack! Sorry, forget about this post. I found my answer in the Support FAQ, go figure. It's just that I've never been able to fix my problems on any game using any standard offical text. I'll leave the text (plus solution) below.

----

Hi,

I've run into some trouble that I can't figure out. I haven't played Sam & Max Season 2 for a while, but have had episode 3 and 4 installed on my computer the whole time. Today, I wanted to play again, but was unable to.

When I start the episode, I get the splash screen like normal. However, when I click Launch, I am greeted with a white rectangle and the street ambient sound playing in the background. I do not seem to be able to continue on from this situation, but I can randomly click in the white rectangle and by luck hit some control (a sound effect to that effect plays).

I don't know how to fix this or what's causing it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the episode to no avail. The same happens for both episodes 3 and 4.

Any help is appreciated.

And here's the solution: (From the Support FAQ)

Try deleting the prefs.prop file from your game directory before launching the game. Also, make sure your computer's graphics are running at 32-bit instead of 16-bit. To change this setting, right-click on the desktop, select Properties, and go to the Settings tab.
This discussion has been closed.