Sam & Max: Freelance Police

2»

Comments

• edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Sadly, the world doesn't quite work that way in real life :)

Yeah. The script to one of 2004's most anticipated games does not deserve to be put in a blender. It deserves much better than that.
  • edited August 2008
    Bad Asp wrote: »
    Yeah. The script to one of 2004's most anticipated games does not deserve to be put in a blender. It deserves much better than that.
    Maybe so, but that doesn't mean that it'll get what it deserves.
    Just move on.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Just move on.

Indeed.
  • edited August 2008
    Just move on.

I'm sorry, but I'm too disillusioned to do that right now. No offense.
  • edited August 2008
    And I'm too cynical to be surprised by that.
  • edited August 2008
    And I'm too cynical to be surprised by that.

I'm never surprised by anything anymore...
  • edited September 2008
    Hate to go zombie-thread, but was this the interview you were talking about, Jake:

http://www.speed-is-everything.de/samandmax/screenshots/magscan1.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Wow, it's kind of amazing yet eerie how little those models have changed between then and now. Both the character models and the environment for the office.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Ehh, I'd say that the character models look pretty different... at least to my eyes. The Sam and Max models in Freelance Police look like blown up 3D versions of the sprites from Hit the Road (with some bonus mysteriously anime-like styling on Sam's body proportions), while the Telltale ones look, to my eyes at least, a little closer to the comic.
  • edited September 2008
    Well, you guys have seen all of the versions of those models since the original project's green lighting. All I've seen are those really blocky trailer models.
    edited September 2008
    I've never see more than the trailer ones and the scans and the few screenshots that were released, but I think we had the time to take some extra passes on Max's head and ears, for instance, to bring them more in line with Steve's designs and less like the more oval head and pointy ears from HTR.
  • edited September 2008
    It looks like it largely follows the same principle as the episodic series, they are just awkwardly tacked together and released all at once.
  • edited September 2008
    :mad:And it angers me that Lucasarts would rather release some overrated Crysis clone that allows the term "fisting" than this.

Come on, people! Fight Lucasarts already! Tell them to hand over the data to this game, and allow the people who worked on it to finish it now, because I'm getting really fed up with this! :mad::mad::mad:
  • edited September 2008
    Oookay, calm down please. Freelance Police is gone, you REALLY need to let it go.
    edited September 2008
    Four years and eleven new Sam & Max episodes later is still too soon, man. Too soon!
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Oookay, calm down please. Freelance Police is gone, you REALLY need to let it go.

Why is it gone?

Please answer me! And please give a real answer, not something like "because it is, and that's the best you're going to get", because I'm sick and tired of those! I'd rather hear the truth!
  • edited September 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    four years and eleven new sam & max episodes later is still too soon, man. Too soon!

No it isn't!
  • edited September 2008
    Okay, I think this thread has run its course. There's probably no convincing you to let it go, so rather than drag an argument out I'm ending it here.
    edited September 2008
    Bad Asp wrote: »
    Why is it gone?

Please answer me! And please give a real answer, not something like "because it is, and that's the best you're going to get", because I'm sick and tired of those! I'd rather hear the truth!

LucasArts owns the Freelance Police game, not Telltale. If they wanted to release the game, they would have to 1) finish it, 2) renew their rights to use Sam & Max with Steve Purcell, which might get weird since we're doing Sam & Max games now. Meanwhile, at Telltale we're all happily making a ton of new Sam & Max games. It's not a long story, and it's not something we have control of, other than to do what we've been doing for two years -- giving the world a bunch more Sam & Max. That's it really. :)
This discussion has been closed.