It locked up my Wii...

edited June 2009 in Game Support
I just won the Race to the End of the Race and Strong Bad is on the podium and the Wii just lokced up. I can't even bring up the Wii menu but there are still sounds in the background. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    It just did it again when I tried to move the hurdle.
  • edited August 2008
    I've been playing the Wii version, and I have to say that I'm impressed with it. No problems here.
  • edited August 2008
    Dang, same place, same happening...
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, I turned it to 480i (from 480p) and turned off widescreen and it didn't lock up... So I just don't play it in 480p or widescreen (whichever was causing it).
  • edited August 2008
    I did some tests and when the Wii console is set to widescreen, it'll lock the game up when Strong Bad is on the podium. The EDTV or HDTV setting works fine though. So if your having this problem, just turn off widescreen for that part.
  • edited August 2008
    That's an awful bug I must say.
  • edited August 2008
    I didn't get it, I'm special.
  • edited August 2008
    It is doing it to me to, freezing either while I am kicking the turtle, or at the podium after the race. I am forced to power down the Wii on the console itself. I will try disabling the widescreen and seeing if that helps. Too bad a bug like this made it into this otherwise awesome game.
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Have you all updated your Wiis since on or after June 16th?
  • edited August 2008
    Same problem. Changing from Wide Screen to full screen fixed it for me too.
  • edited August 2008
    it happens to me whenever I move the turtle.
    this happen to anyone else?
  • edited August 2008
    I have experienced game freezes when kicking the turtle, the grandstand scene after beating the race, and when talking to Coach Z in extended mode. The suggestion of disabling the Widescreen mode seemed to work. Annoying, but at least I was able to complete the game. (I loved the game, by the way)

As to the inquiry above about having the Wii system updated, yes, I am current on my updates.
  • edited August 2008
    All this unplugging-while-active can't be good for our Wiis.
  • edited August 2008
    I had the same problem too. Hope it isn't too rampant.
  • edited August 2008
    I encountered the "curdle, hurdle, turtle" bug a short while ago myself. The Wii froze, but the sounds continued to play. For the inquisitive, I updated my Wii with the "July 22, 2008 / 3.3" firmware a few days ago. I'll try the "fullscreen solution," and see if that works for me.

EDIT: Yes, that did the trick.
  • edited August 2008
    Why even bother playing it? Sure its fun, when its not freezing your Wii. Telltale support hasn't been helpful either, completely ignoring any questions or issues I e-mailed to them. I hope for the sake of those still interested in the series, episode 2 will at least run for more than 10 minutes....
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    We haven't ignored any questions sent into support. Every single email is responded to, almost always within 24 hours. If you haven't gotten a response, your spam filter is probably blocking the emails.
  • edited April 2009
    Sorry for the bumpy bumpy, but I want to say my opinion here.

I have bought the first Strong Bad episode from WiiWaaaree and was very happy with it. But this bug is kicking me nuts, what about an update fixing it?

I'm fan of you guys since before Telltale, you know that company that now only does (BAD) games about an old franchise (not does, but developed by 3rd party). Thanks to SDHC and loading form it, I hope to have next episodes improved aqnd even the old ones.

Please release all your adventure games to Wii and specially WiiWare! I think it's the perfect platform, wiimote can add a lot to value to the adventure genre and digital distribution is the way to go.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't think they're going to patch any of the games, considering how much time has passed already and the fact that they deleted a thread of people complaining about buggy games (Petition to the Telltale programmers).

Episodes 2 and 5 have crashing bugs as well, and they're worse than the bug in the first episode because the cause is unknown, there's no workaround to avoid it, and whatever triggers it gets saved in your file, so you're stuck once it happens. Then it will always crash at the next save or autosave.
This discussion has been closed.