Homestar Ruiner - Problem with map, collectibles, and awesomeness ranking page

edited August 2008 in Game Support
I'm having more than a few problems with the map, collectibles, and awesomeness rankings pages: click for screenshot (one example). Also, when I click on something on the map, often it will randomly move to somewhere else (I'm not holding the button down, and the location where it lands is normally nowhere near where my mouse has been).

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Have you tried updating your DirectX and video card drivers?
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    What Scott said, but here's the link to DirectX.
  • edited August 2008
    Have you tried updating your DirectX and video card drivers?
    Should have known it would be something obvious like that emot-doh.gif. Thanks!
  • edited August 2008
    OK, after a bit of experimentation, the two things in the original post were seemingly not a DirectX issue or a graphics card issue, but a full screen issue (in windowed mode, I've had neither of those problems).

But I'm getting some more graphical oddities (spoilers of varying degrees):
    Sometimes when I use the Snappy, the result ends up looking like this:
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/Venusy/08-12-0802_43_45.png
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/Venusy/08-13-0800_30_32.png

And I'm occasionally getting the eyeless wonder-bug, along with bad billboarding on the flames, although a restart fixed these:
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/Venusy/08-13-0800_34_48.png

Any ideas? DirectX is fully up to date, and my graphics card drivers are also up to date...
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    What's the make/model of graphics card?
  • edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    What's the make/model of graphics card?
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache. Which is probably incredibly out of date, given that it came with the PC...
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    I'm thinking it may have to do with TurboCache, epically with Snappy. Sadly you can't really disable it.

Is the missing eyes thing happening only after you run Snappy?
  • edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Is the missing eyes thing happening only after you run Snappy?
    I'm not sure, as while the Snappy problem has happened quite a few times, the eyes problem has only happened once or twice. I seem to remember using the Snappy before it happened the first time though...

If it is a problem with TurboCache and the Snappy, then I'll stick to the Vista Snipping Tool for screenshots until I can upgrade to a better graphics card (which I wouldn't have thought would be too long, even the cheapest cards should be better than this one by now).
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    TurboCache takes the worst aspects of an intergraded cards by 'borrowing' memory from the RAM. Yes, there's on-board V-RAM for the card, but the environment can become unstable when you start borrowing from regualr RAM.

What seems to be happening is when the card starts to kick into TubroCache, things go crazy-go-nuts. That's my theory anyway.
This discussion has been closed.