Wolf Among Us save file and platform help request

edited February 2014 in Game Support

I made a post about this in the forum and was told I could mention it here and maybe receive some help.

I played the Wolf Among Us today and found that my two save files are the same thing. I play on the PS3 and they are in slots 1 and 4. One playthrough I prevented Lawrence's death and arrested the Woodsman and was generally nice. The other, I was mean, Lawrence died and I arrested Dee.

Now both files are of the latter, mean playthrough. So it seems somehow my original first file is gone or somehow overwritten by the other one. This really upsets me and other posters have mentioned that the PC is the best, least glitchy version of this game. Is there a way I can play it on the PC and not have to repay given whatever happened set me back many hours. I am very dissatisfied and it makes me want to stop playing entirely if we have to wait so many months for episodes that come out very messy on my platform, not to mention losing an entire playthrough.

Point is, somehow my file was lost and I would like to play on the PC to avoid the game's issues in the future. If nothing can be helped, I'll probably going to stop playing entirely and just watch playthroughs or I'll wait until all the episodes are released so this can't happen if I play them all at one time.

Comments

• edited February 2014

I had the same problem on Xbox. I had two different saved slots one when Lawrence is dead and I caught Tweedle Dee. The second one was with Lawrence alive and I got the Woodsman. My second file doesn't work for some reason and I even replayed it on that save slot but it still isn't working.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you guys. Please first make sure that you are selecting the right save slot to start the game if you are seeing the wrong choices. If you are selecting the right save slot, and you are still experiencing this, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

This discussion has been closed.