Can't play it!!

edited February 2014 in Game Support

Having a difficult time installing the game on my laptop and desktop. System error says "The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. try re installing the program to fix this problem." both systems give me similar messages. Its been about 1 month since I purchased and cant seem to fix the problem. Help or my money back?!

Comments

• To quote TelltaleMike:

"If you are receiving the same d3dx9.dll error, please update Direct X to the latest version, and restart the game."

You can find an installer here.

• i can't play TWAus episode 2 it's written : COMING SOON.. i'm on Mac and I payed all the episodes.. thanks

• What worked for me was deleting the syncfs folder.

First, make Mavericks show hidden folders. To do so, enter the following command in the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true

killall Finder

Then, go to Users/Your user name/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us

Delete the syncfs folder.

You can now "re-hide" the hidden files by typing the following command in the terminal:

defaults delete com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles

killall Finder

You should now be able to download episode two.

It is possible that you also need to re-install the game, using the most recent installer that you can download from your "My Games" page.

i can't play TWAus episode 2 it's written : COMING SOON.. i'm on Mac and I payed all the episodes.. thanks

This discussion has been closed.