Can't play the game, SecuROM issue.

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Hi there

I bought and downloaded the PC Version of the game, but the game doesn't start because SecuROM has determined that some File Monitor program is running in the background. I have no idea what's it talking about. What should I do?

Thank you,

~ TheMajinZenki

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    The most common program to throw this off is Process Explorer.

If you're running this, you may have to update the program (linked above) as well as properly close the program. As in click on File then Exit; Don't just click the X which only closes the window.
  • edited August 2008
    this didn't solve the problem... I did have this program, but it wasn't even running; I updated it and then closed it, but I still get the same SecuROM error.
  • edited August 2008
    this didn't solve the problem... I did have this program, but it wasn't even running; I updated it and then closed it, but I still get the same SecuROM error.
    I'm afraid closing it won't fix SecuROM's issues with it; you need to close it, make sure it's not loaded on boot then reboot...

I.e. if you had Process Explorer running before starting anything protected with SecuROM the driver that comes with Process Explorer it will already have hooked into a few Windows functions, and SecuROM doesn't like that.

np: Spooky - Shelter (Slow Phase) (Open (Disc 2))
  • edited August 2008
    My precious uptime
  • edited August 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    My precious uptime
    The last millennium called, they want their thing-size-war back...

Seriously - amassing uptime on a machine used to play games is sooo ca. 1990...
This discussion has been closed.