Got Dank!

edited March 2007 in General Chat
Whats up with that crazy Caveman??

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Dank is really smart, but he also eats snails and baby flying dinosaurs without thinking twice. So he's insane, and I respect that.

Hey, it's good to see another character in the world of Dank, too!
  • edited May 2005
    Hey Dan that was a lot better.. the addition of Gok has already helped out danks comic i think! :D
  • edited May 2005
    As I've said before, I really enjoy Dank. My only beef with him is that he'd better up the tempo of his outings, or I'm not buying the Grickle books I was gonna buy. Gimme Dank or gimme broke.
  • edited May 2005
    That one was the best yet. I think that the humor is right on. Timing is perfect for a 4 panel comic.

- hey Dan I have a suggestion. Could you guys put something on the main page on top of the Dank link to let us know when a new one is up? You know it could be a little banner in the corner of the Dank image that says "check out episode 5" or something. That way as soon as you arrived at the main page you would know whether to bother to look for a new comic or not!
  • edited May 2005
    Also-- the "previous" button only works once...
  • edited June 2005
    - hey Dan I have a suggestion. Could you guys put something on the main page on top of the Dank link to let us know when a new one is up? You know it could be a little banner in the corner of the Dank image that says "check out episode 5" or something. That way as soon as you arrived at the main page you would know whether to bother to look for a new comic or not!

Thanks for taking my idea! It rocks now!
  • edited June 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion and upping the rocktancity of our site.

B-)
  • edited June 2005
    I can't wait to see what Dank is up to in his next comic. :)
  • edited February 2006
    speaking of dank.... is dank finished? We haven't seen a new comic for months. Sam & max seem to have taken over the comics...
  • edited January 2007
    Dank's back, apparently he's not dead.
  • edited January 2007
    Dank's cameos in Texas Hold 'Em, for those who are interested:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=20&stc=1&d=1168984592
  • edited March 2007
    Mo' Dank today.
  • edited March 2007
    From Develop Online's interview with Dan Connors
    Sam and Max and your other episodic game Bone are both based on properties that already existed. Will it always be the case that a licensed character is compulsory to succeed in episodic games?

As we build the system out and the company brings in more talent to do this we’ll be inspired by these great licences and characters to do more.

But things have evolved so much that we won’t even have to start as an episodic game – we could come up with a character that we introduce on our website and see if people like him before even giving him his own show. That would be building an IP based on the feedback from the community.

It’s really our intention to grow the whole thing and take advantage of everything that this new way of doing things provides – community, user-generated content and a tight feedback loop. It gives us an opportunity to create original IP that has less risk attached to it because it is more tailored towards the community that is already coming to us.
  • edited March 2007
    So that means they will be making a...
    Nick the Intern game!
  • edited March 2007
    Do people like him? I'd rather see a
    Harold III the Sea-Monkey
    point-and-clicker
Sign in to comment in this discussion.