S1E3 Not properly loading.

edited February 2014 in Game Support

Decided to replay Season 1 to change some choices before more episodes of Season 2 come out, played through Episode 1 and 2 without issue, but when I click play on Episode 3, there's a slight pause, then I just have a mouse cursor over a black screen with a couple of walkers audible in my headphones.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited February 2014

Did you wait for the credits to end before you quitted the game, or to the main menu? For some reason you have to watch the credits for the episode to fully save. If not it sounds like a corrupt save file. Happend to me once on Episode Three as well. I had to re-play Episode Two for my choices to fully carry over, and for the episode to even start.

• edited March 2014

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmzqw5

I'm having the same problem. I followed the instructions, my link is posted above

Please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link c

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead103
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

Banrye posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmzqw5 I'm having the same problem. I followed the instructions, my link is posted above

• In addition to the above, if that doesn't work, disable steam cloud sync, then do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game, while keeping cloud unsynced. I had this exact same problem (ep 3 as well), and doing this solved it for me. I know it's more drastic, since you'll lose access to your saved games, but if nothing else, this might solve your problem like it did mine.

I believe it was mentioned in one of the other support threads for this issue, but it seems that TWD and steam cloud don't play well together. Maybe that's why season 2 doesn't even have the option for cloud, not sure.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for posting this extra information, this will also resolve the issue above.

Bluebirdo posted: »

In addition to the above, if that doesn't work, disable steam cloud sync, then do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game, while keep

• didn't work I'm afraid

DjNDB posted: »

Please rename the prefs.prop in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead103 to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

This discussion has been closed.