No Visual of SGCG4AP in Windows XP

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Hey everyone, I just got Strong Bad today, but unfortunately I have a big problem. Every time I launch the game, the screen turns to black. I can't see any title screen at all and I need help. My screen isn't picking up any of the visuals in the game and I'm wondering what's going on. If you need my dxdiag info, here it is:

System/Motherboard: AMD Athlon 2400+ XP
480 MB onboard RAM
256 MB onboard RAM on Radeon 9250 video card
2.1 GHZ processor

I did try the space bar trick, and also have installed the latest drivers on my card.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I'm experiencing the same problem with the demo. Holding the spacebar doesn't help. It's like the game is attempting to start at a resolution my screen doesn't support, but it doesn't seem likely that it would be set to start at an uncommon resolution.

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    1.5 GB RAM
    Radeon 9600SE
  • edited August 2008
    Try pressing Alt+Enter when the screen goes blank. Then the program should run in a window.
  • edited August 2008
    This actually worked. At first when I pressed Alt+Enter, Windows beeped at me and nothing happened -- the screen stayed black. I smashed the keys about fifteen more times, Windows beeped at me as many times, and then I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL. Upon return to the Windows desktop, I saw that the game was running in a widescreen window. I clicked the window and changed the graphics settings (fullscreen, 1024x768) and then was able to play through the demo. Odd, but I'm glad I got to play. Thanks.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm having this problem, and I cannot get it working properly fullscreen. I'm running on an HDTV and the desktop resolution is 1360 x 768. Widescreen resolutions near to this just show up blank with the TV saying "out of range", and on lower resolutions it either stretches the left half of the screen to fill the TV, or puts it in a square box with an orange tint. None of these are great.

I think it is actually because of the monitor driver I'm using; it has worked for other resolutions, but we installed this one to get the native resolution of the TV. I guess we'll have to try using a different driver that allows a wrong resolution, unless there is some command-line tweak to run the game in a custom resolution?
  • edited August 2008
    that's funny... i run an HDTV at 1360x768, too. i wonder if it's the same story for muhitatsu.
  • edited August 2008
    Hey everyone at the Telltale support forums. It's been several weeks since I responded due to my computer breaking, but I just wanted to tell you that the Alt-Enter for window mode suggestion worked. Thanks Telltale, you have yet another satisfied customer!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad it worked!
  • edited September 2008
    You must totally go vista.
This discussion has been closed.