SBCG4AP Probs

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Heya there, I unfortunately have to say SBCG4AP Wii has also crashed twice for me while playing. The first crash was during my first convo with Bubs - it froze on a close-up of Bubs' face and made a high-pitched whine. The only way out was to power the Wii totally off. I found a post on another site that mentioned this same bug in the comments at

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/08/weekly_wii_update_homestar_parodier-2.html

The next happened while trying to save...later in the game (so as not to spoiler-fy this post). It was an agonizing wait to kick it with H*R on the Wii, and it's still awesome, but I would have preferred to wait a bit longer if it meant all dem crazy bugs could get squashed. Any info on a patch (if that's possible on WiiWare)? All the same, thanks(!) for making such a cool game...for people like me.

Edit:Just a bit of extra info - I'm playing on an olde-school SD TV, no Widescreen/480i/p action here

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Patches aren't possible.
    Well, They kind of are, but it's probably Nintendo-only.
    They just update it and who ever purchused the game before-hand can update for free.
    But, Then It'd probably have to go through the submission process again, and frankly, I'm not sure it's worth it.
  • edited August 2008
    T-man wrote: »
    Patches aren't possible.
    Well, They kind of are, but it's probably Nintendo-only.
    They just update it and who ever purchused the game before-hand can update for free.
    But, Then It'd probably have to go through the submission process again, and frankly, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Please don't answer questions that you don't know the answers to.
  • edited August 2008
    That would be awesome (or more awesome than crashing, at least) if it's something that can be fixed via a WiiConnect patch or something...could you guess to the likelihood of such a thing, or is Telltale still gathering results and checking stuff out?
  • edited August 2008
    Not usually one to self-bump, and I appreciate that the TTG crew is diggin' into things, but would a patch be possible for an existing downloaded game, or would one have to delete the existing download/save data and start again?

Also, I've seen more than a couple responses stating that switching from widescreen to fullscreen eliminates a lot of the bugs, but what about those like myself that have had the game crash (on the Wii) several times while playing in fullscreen on an SD TV?

Any info that the fine Telltale folk might be able to provide would be awesome, and once again, excellent work on the first episode!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    We are currently looking into our options, so I'm afraid I don't have much to tell you right now. As soon as we know something, we will let you know.
This discussion has been closed.