Weird Graphics problem with SBCG4AP

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Running Windows XP, 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, LCD monitor at 1024 x 768, 32-bit color depth. No clue how to check what kind of graphics card. And yes, my DirectX is 100% up to date - I let the game do the updating, and then, while troubleshooting, I went to the Microsoft website and ran the installer again and it told me I didn't need to run it 'cause my DirectX was up to date.

The game runs, but the graphics are displaying with simplified colors and kind of blocky. Captions are nearly unreadable, and the inventory is invisible - white on white. The reduced color scheme means stuff blends in to each other - like Strong Bad's head with no outline against an identially-colored wall. (And if there's a quit game option, that's invisible too - I had to quit the game by pressing the Windows key.)

I tried downloading and running a Sam & Max demo (season 2, ep 1) and that ran fine. No problems whatsoever.

And the weirdest part - I tried to take some screen shots with the "Prt Scr Sys Rq" key. When I quit the game and posted 'em to Photoshop... the graphics were perfect, looking like they were supposed to. (And apparently the game is widescreen... ? When I'm running it, the graphics are elongated and fill the monitor top to bottom.) ...the heck?

So I borrowed my roomate's cell phone and took some literal screen shots... which unfortunately are small 'cause he doesn't have a cable to download the photos off his phone and he had to use this bogus "sprint picture mail" dealybob to send 'em to me... still, you'll get the picture:

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?invite=AEnrJahxz55TWYY70kc0&shareName=MMS&messageState=RETRIEVED

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?invite=nEirJOhpz55fwYXU8a4Q&shareName=MMS&messageState=RETRIEVED

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?invite=CElrJMh1z55DMYYoh8hh&shareName=MMS&messageState=RETRIEVED

So basically... the HECK?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    That is really strange...

Can you try it in windowed mode? That's hitting Alt-Enter when the game is running. This will take it out of full screen and into a window. Not that would 'solve' it, just trying to narrow down the issue.
  • edited August 2008
    Aha! Thanks! Yes, playing in Windowed mode, it looks perfect. So the problem is only in fullscreen for whatever reason.
    Seg wrote: »
    That is really strange...

Can you try it in windowed mode? That's hitting Alt-Enter when the game is running. This will take it out of full screen and into a window. Not that would 'solve' it, just trying to narrow down the issue.
  • edited August 2008
    Emily from tech support has put her finger on the problem... I'd never even noticed the Settings section. I'm as dumb as Homestar. The resolution was preset to 640 x 480... and my monitor only does 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768. I adjusted the resolution and all was well. Hoorah.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Woo. :D Glad it was that simple!
This discussion has been closed.