SBCG4AP Wii Widescreen Q

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Hi! I just bought the WiiWare Version of SBCG4AP Epi: 1 after a long consideration between the PC version or the Wii one. Well I decided to get the WiiWare version knowing in mind that it has been said that the game will run in full Widescreen 16:9. Well when I started the game I noticed that there were 2 black bars on each side of the screen about an inch or a half wide.

Now I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like this. I was wondering if it was because I'm not using the component cables for the 480p resolution? If that is the reason I guess I will go buy some.

Please Respond!

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    How does the Wii Menu look? Does it also have the black bars?
  • edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    How does the Wii Menu look? Does it also have the black bars?

No it doesn't. It's running full widescreen until I start the game. Then black bars appear on the sides of the screen!
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Well I'm corrected. We do put in small black bars on the side of the game on the Wii.

Since the Wii's widescreen tech is stretching the 640x480 resolution to 16:9 ratio, it is our way of still preserving quality while the Wii itself is streatching the pixels out (reguardless of 480i or 480p).

You do get a crisper picture with component cables and setting to 480p, but the small black bars are intended.
  • edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Well I'm corrected. We do put in small black bars on the side of the game on the Wii.

Since the Wii's widescreen tech is stretching the 640x480 resolution to 16:9 ratio, it is our way of still preserving quality while the Wii itself is streatching the pixels out (reguardless of 480i or 480p).

You do get a crisper picture with component cables and setting to 480p, but the small black bars are intended.

Well that's disappointing...:( After playing the PC demo I saw just how much better it looks on PC. I guess I'll be getting that season pass after all! But thats okay! It's a great game anyway and keep up the good work!:)
This discussion has been closed.