A whole host of Sam and Max issues

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Hello, I recently bought the CD version of Sam and Max: Episode 1, and I'm having numerous issues. I sent an email to the Adventure Company 3 days ago, and haven't heard a peep from them....so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

The problems I have are ranging
from freezing, to graphical issues (everything disappears), graphical corruption,
to scenes not loading. I've tried the game on two different systems, with no
results. I have reinstalled twice, and I've also downloaded the patch on both systems. Here are my specifications:

System 1:

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
Nvidia Ti4600
512 MB Ram
DirectX 9.0
Windows XP
Updated sound and video drivers

System 2

Pentium M 1.60 Ghz
Ati x300 64 MB
1280 MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
Windows XP

Please Heeeeelllllp!!

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Since I don't know what exact problems are happening to which exact systems, I'm going to be a bit broad in my response. It helps to specifically state what's happening one which specific machines.

System 1:

The Nvidia Ti4600 is not supported. Looking at the graphics specifications for the card, it's made for DirectX 8.1 where as Sam & Max needs a card that can take at least 9.0. This isn't what components of DirectX software is installed, but what the card can handle.

You can try running the DirectX Web Installer to being the software side of things up to date, but I don't think there's much that can happen with that card. It's also a requirement for sound to be have DirectX 9.0c.

System 2:

The graphics card seems to work, so there may be other issues at play. Hard for me to figure that out since I don't know how exactly it's not working. Still, running the DirectX Web Installer is a good idea as there are over 16 different versions called "9.0c".

Again, if you give me specific information on which computer is having what symtoms, I would be able to help you better.
This discussion has been closed.