Malicious Code? (Vista "unsigned publisher" message)

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Ok, just wondering has anyone's computer been hacked since they downloaded strong bad? because i get this warning from my security settings saying that there is something wrong with the games code......

Comments

• edited August 2008
    if the game is downloaded from you will any hackers have acsess to your computer because my computer is telling me that might happen
  • edited August 2008
    no.
  • edited August 2008
    But the polo shirt with stealth hat, socks and belt will.
  • edited August 2008
    Do you run Vista? Because it says that about almost everything. There are no trojans or backdoors in the install file.
  • edited August 2008
    Third thread of this kind...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Supagreen wrote: »
    Ok, just wondering has anyone's computer been hacked since they downloaded strong bad? because i get this warning from my security settings saying that there is something wrong with the games code......

Could you be more specific? What anti-virus software are you using? Which file did it identify as being a problem, and what did it say? What were you doing when you got the message (i.e. installing, playing, etc.)

Our game is virus free -- assuming it's been downloaded from a legitimate source, of course. ;) Anti-virus software sometimes flags things incorrectly, so if that's happening, we'd appreciate knowing what software you're using and what the message says so we can get to the bottom of it.
  • edited August 2008
    it siad the publisher was not known and there is the chance that your computer might get a virus or get hacked and itwas command anti virus
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Do you know what put up the error message? Was it Windows itself (what version of Windows are you running -- XP or Vista?), or was it some sort of AntiVirus software you are running?
  • edited August 2008
    if ur running vista, then there is most likley nothing to worry about. Vista has a whole bunch of glitches.
  • edited August 2008
    Windows Vista said it was an unsigned publisher
  • edited August 2008
    is the unsigned publisher message okay?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Yes, it's nothing to worry about. :)
  • edited August 2008
    thank you for all your help
This discussion has been closed.