No eyes?

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Anyone know how to get the no eyes glitch?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    i dunno but i got the glitch after i won the game, his eyes were completely gone
  • edited August 2008
    how do you do this glitch
  • edited August 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    how do you do this glitch

I heard it's only on PC.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2008
    I understand that this glitch has something to do with not having the latest DirectX drivers. I'm not speaking as an authority on this matter, it's just something I overhead, so I could be wrong.
  • edited August 2008
    ok, Strong Mad and Homestar have no eyes and happens randomly so don't worry, it's just a random game glitch
  • edited August 2008
    Just came here to see if anybody else had encountered this and it appears that they have.

strong_bad_no_eyes.jpg

Happened to me after I removed the 'cake-baking' Homestar from Strong Bad's house.

For the record, I'm running the latest Direct X drivers (at least I think I am!).
  • edited August 2008
    Are the people who are getting the eye problems running Vista or XP? Just to be clear: I'm just curious. I don't think I can actually help.
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Everyone, download and run this now: DirectX Web Installer

Even though you may have DirectX 9.0c; Even though you may have Vista, run the above installer. This will solve the problem for almost all cases.

LONG EXPLANATION INTO WHY:

DirectX doesn't do versions as most people understand versioning. Some people think DirectX 10 replaces 9, which is not the case with DirectX. Instead, there are different 'modes' of each version. Strong Bad requests that 'mode' 9.0c rev 27 is used. However, it will run in a higher revision of 9.0c if the components exists on the computer. We found that while rev 27 will run the game, something was fixed with rev 28 and 29 that fixes the eyes problem and other things.

Sadly, Vista didn't ship with these revisions. While people think "I have 10 which is greater than 9", the implementation is not the case. The above linked installer includes working on all versions of Windows without messing anything up.

I wish Microsoft would include DirectX updates in Microsoft Update.

* If installing this on a computer w/o the Internet, use the full DirectX Aug 2008 installer instead.
  • edited August 2008
    picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=337
    i blame the Chickens
This discussion has been closed.