Runtime error in sbcg4ap launcher

edited February 2010 in Game Support
When I start sbcg4ap, I get the following error message, twice:
Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Adven...

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Luckily, the launcher then shows up normally and I can run the game proper just fine.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    When do you get this - when you launch from the desktop shortcut, or when you press "Launch Game" in the launcher?
  • edited August 2008
    When I use the desktop shortcut, the error messages are the first thing to appear. After that, the launcher shows up and everything seems to go normally.
  • edited August 2008
    I get the exact same error (never got it with Sam & Max). I'm running Vista Home Premium (German version) if that's any help.
  • edited September 2008
    I just started getting this error after installing the new StrongBad Episode 2 game. Now I am unable to play Episode 1 & 2. Any solutions to this issue?

Thx

EDIT: Check that...I am able to play the games. I just get the annoying errors any time that I start up the launchers.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm getting this error as well, but I'm unable to play the game. I'm gonna try a reboot. : /
  • edited September 2008
    Same error (as reported last month) but at least I can play.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    This isn't something we've been able to track down. It seems to be related to foreign language versions of Vista. (Are all of you using the German version?)
  • edited September 2008
    Umm...I am using the US English version of Vista. I just started having the issue after installing the new episode of Strongbad today. Everything worked before that.
  • edited September 2008
    When I attempt to start Strong Bad Ep. 1 or 2, I get a prompt from the Visual C++ Runtime Library, R6034, saying the library was loaded incorrectly. I get a duplicate of the dialog window when I click okay, and then the launcher starts up.

When I try to run the game from the apparently working laucher, I get a completly black screen. All the sound is there, and judging from it there is a cutscreen running. But the screen remains black.

I'm on Windows XP in the uk with up to date drivers. Any ideas?
  • edited September 2008
    Pressing Alt-Enter in during the blackness puts the game into a window, and it works fine there.

Not a true solution, however
  • edited September 2008
    Getting same errors using U.S. English XP sp3.

Get runtime errors after hitting short-cut but then game seems to be working fine. Started right after installing episode 2. :eek:
  • edited September 2008
    I've been getting these error since I first installed Ep. 1, and the errors persist through Ep. 2.

I'm running the U.S. English version of XP Pro SP3.
  • edited October 2008
    I got Lego Batman today (not a Telltale game, I know) and am getting the same error message as with Strong Bad. No problem with the previous Lego games, just as I have no problems with Sam & Max. So it seems to be spreading. :)

Microsoft has this to say about the error:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235560.aspx
    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library without using a manifest. This is an unsupported way to load Visual C++ DLLs. You need to modify your application to build with a manifest. For more information, see the "Visual C++ Libraries as Shared Side-by-Side Assemblies" topic in the product documentation.

Applications must use a manifest to load the C runtime library.

Whatever that means. :confused:

Chris
  • edited October 2008
    I am still getting these errors even with the new game that was released today. (Oct. 27, 2008)....any updates on fixing these errors?
  • edited November 2008
    I have gotten this error message twice on the last two Strongbad games on my HP Pavilion notebook. The one way I have been able to get around this is to a complete uninstall and then run a registry clearing program, restart then reinstall/redownload the installer. My notebook is running Vista Home Premium, and I also have a gaming desktop that is running Vista Ultimate and I am not getting the error message there as of yet. I am running the English version of Vista BTW.

*UPDATE*
    I just tried running Epsiode 3 and I am getting the same error on my notebook.
  • edited December 2008
    Just to let you know, you seem to have fixed it in 8-Bit is Enough; I'm not getting the error anymore.
  • edited December 2008
    I got the same error when running Baddest of the Bands. Two of them actually. I should note that I am running XP SP2 English. I hadn't gone through product activation, but after going through that and closing and reopening the launcher, the same message appeared.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm getting this as well (homestar ep1 demo), except I can't get past it to load the actual game. :(

english xp sp2.
This discussion has been closed.