Menu bugs

edited August 2008 in Game Support
I noticed that when you select a menu at the main menu(at game start-up), and then de-select(right click), the once-open option remains red. Minor detail.

Also of note, Homestar's eyes are disappearing when he blinks on the main menu.

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    For the Eyes thing, the short answer: Run the DirectX Web Installer

The Long answer: The eyes thing is usually a sign of not having the latest DirectX. Yes, you may have DirectX 9.0c installed, but there are 14 versions labeled '9.0c' that start with the revision number 24. This is applicable to both Vista and XP. Confusing? You bet!

While you need rev 27 to play the game, we found revisions 28 and 29 fix some graphic anomalies such as disappearing eyes. The best thing to do is just run the above linked installer to have all the software components for DirectX.

Starting with episode two, we'll be notifying all users to install DirectX which is bundled in the installer. Currently episode one does this if you don't have 'rev 27' installed.
  • edited August 2008
    I ran it when I had the problem the first time, and it seemed to fix things right up for a bit. But every once and awhile I'll get eyes that disappear, though usually in the main menu. The installer says I have all the updates that I need. =/
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    At that point, it may be graphics card related I'm afraid. Not sure what else to do.
  • edited August 2008
    Would this display-related information help at all?

Display Chip Type:
    GeForce 8600M GT
    Display Memory: 1518 MB
    Display Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Display Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7431 (English)
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    I can't really check if that's the latest using that version number. The Nvidia drivers are versioned with a solid number, currently 175.19 for that card.

Here's the link to the drivers for your card. Try that and see if that fixes things.
This discussion has been closed.