Strong Bad demo doesn't get past this screen

edited August 2008 in Game Support
I've installed the Strong Bad demo and it will not get past this screen asking for a Serial Number (I've linked to a screenshot).

Running:
Windows XP 32bit
Geforce 2 GTS

sbgameopeningqm5.th.jpg

I've been able to successfully run the demo on another PC running Windows XP 64bit edition.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Has the Windows install in question had IE removed? Unfortunately the Telltale launcher portion needs IE to be present - it does some IE-specific things in presenting the login page, so if the Windows install has had IE removed, it will result in something like what you see there.
  • edited August 2008
    That screen means that Javascript isn't executing at all, in which case the launcher tries to expose the minimum functionality to get the game running.

Either you have Javascript turned off or, more likely, there's an overzealous bit of security software blocking it from running.
  • edited August 2008
    I've reinstalled java via IE and Firefox. And I've run the game demo without my firewall running. Any idea to tell if Java is working properly?
  • edited August 2008
    Not Java, but JavaScript. It's not the same thing. (/me shakes fist at Netscape for giving it this unfortunate moniker...)
This discussion has been closed.