Got My Season 2 DVD Today!

edited September 2008 in Sam & Max
I opened the mail slot a few minutes ago to find my Season 2 DVD waiting for me! I didn’t receive a shipping confirmation or anything, so needless to say this was an awesome surprise! Was it announced anywhere on the site that it was shipping?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    According to Doug, yeah. First I knew of it, though.

So - is the DVD awesome!? Sadly mine is on backorder with other goodies.
  • edited August 2008
    Sadly, I won't have a chance to sit down and play with it untill later tonight :-/
  • edited August 2008
    The DVD's page in the shop says, "It is expected to ship in August, 2008." ;)

I won't be able to get mine until next month. I ordered the case file and soundtrack with it. Good thing I got a copy of the DVD at Comic-Con (or else I would probably go through withdrawals right now)!

I guess I can now post my questions about the content without getting awkward and envious stares. I still don't know what the second subtitles on the cutscene section does...
  • edited August 2008
    I got a shipping confirmation, but mine will be a while yet with me being in the uk :(
  • edited August 2008
    Last week i got an email that said that something with an enormous green number had been sent to me. Maybe it was the counter of a bomb, maybe the number indicated the amount of molecules of my personalized alien inside the package or just the good old registration number of the planet were i could return the package just in case something went wrong. Anyway something seems to be ahead and i'll the increase the surprise counter once this thing hits my snail mail.
  • edited August 2008
    Woo!!!!!! Got mine today too!!!!!!! Can't wait to check this baby out, man I love Steve's cover art. Oh and thumbs up to Jake for the sleeve design!
  • edited August 2008
    That's nice. Tell me when the case files are shipping so I can get excited. ^_^
  • edited August 2008
    Wow! I wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon :)

I'm currently making my way through the commentaries but sad to see the lack of the sound guys this season.

Other than that, so far so great!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Oh and thumbs up to Jake for the sleeve design!

Thanks but this year's excellent package was done by Gary (new guy!).
  • edited August 2008
    Ah, well then thanks Gary! garythesnailbyparliamenhq0.png
  • edited August 2008
    Hurray, i got mine today. This is (at least ;O) one of the things you're doing just perfectly right, handing out the DVD after buying an online product without any hassle for free. This really motivates you buying online products and not waiting for a retail product. The only issue i see is the lack of localised versions. If i had the opportunity to choose, i would favour this instead of the goodies. One note on the cover, a little bit too dark?

Anyway, thanks, again! :O)
    edited August 2008
    taumel wrote: »
    One note on the cover, a little bit too dark?

I enjoy that you generally must point out three flaws to every compliment you give. It must get you far in life ;O . The disc art came back from the printer a bit darker than we would have liked, for sure, but it wasn't so dark as to be offensive. Glad you liked the rest of it, though :)

The reason we didn't localize it "instead of" doing a bunch of special features is because localization is a task that spans months of work and thousands and thousands of dollars, requires requiring casting recording and editing of voice from actors across the globe, plus implementation and lots of testing, whereas special features are something Nick, Doug, Emily, Eric and I can compile ourselves over a couple of weeks in the office. They're not really comparable from a scope standpoint, though, you know, it's good to know your preference. :)
  • edited August 2008
    No, no bigger problems so far. I tought that you might be more interested in honest feedback, i hope you don't take it personal. ;O)

I'm quite aware that localisations would be the much bigger effort, that's why i wrote if i had the opportunity as it's the only thing sometimes missing, for instance if you're playing with children and they can't speak english yet. Hmmm, instead of localising the whole audio, would it be possible providing localised texts (for reading)? It also might be sufficient if that doesn't fit into the episodic update cycle, providing those for the DVD afterwards.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, just got my shipping confirmation today,
    and much to my amusement it traveled back in time to arrive on the 16th, oh USPS and your time machines.
  • edited August 2008
    Hmm,

This is good news. It means I, on the other side of the world, might see mine within a month? No shipping confirmation yet, though.
  • edited August 2008
    Hmmm, instead of localising the whole audio, would it be possible providing localised texts (for reading)?

I'm glad you clarified that. This explains why I've had so much trouble listening to my newspapers, leather-bound novels, and limited edition hardcover comic compilations.
  • edited August 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Ah, well then thanks Gary! garythesnailbyparliamenhq0.png

oh come now really :rolleyes:
    edited August 2008
    No, no bigger problems so far. I tought that you might be more interested in honest feedback, i hope you don't take it personal. ;O)

If I took things personally that were written on these forums I would probably have been institutionalized by now*, so no worries :)

* (I haven't)
  • edited August 2008
    Avel wrote: »
    Well, just got my shipping confirmation today,
    and much to my amusement it traveled back in time to arrive on the 16th, oh USPS and your time machines.

Same thing happened to me. It was truly wonderful to get my DVD on Wednesday, and then relive the experience in reverse when I got my shipping confirmation on Thursday! You'd think Telltale, the USPS, or whoever is responsible would be playing this time-traveling ability up a bit more ;)

Have I said too much? -- Will I now be responsible for some sort of tear in the space-time-continuum?
  • edited August 2008
    Got mine today, just a side note, was there supposed to be an insert in the DVD case like the one from season 1?
  • edited August 2008
    I think there is, are you missing yours.
  • edited August 2008
    There definitely should be.
    edited August 2008
    stemot wrote: »
    Got mine today, just a side note, was there supposed to be an insert in the DVD case like the one from season 1?

Yup, a Flint Paper-themed folded quickstart guide.
  • edited August 2008
    Not got one, is there any way of getting hold of it without ordering the disc again?
  • edited August 2008
    So there's no way to get one now? anyone?
  • edited August 2008
    Just got confirmation of shipping with the Season 2 Print. :D

YAAAAAY!
  • edited August 2008
    stemot wrote: »
    So there's no way to get one now? anyone?

I could email you a scan of it so you can see it, but otherwise you should probably contact support.
  • edited August 2008
    My copy had apparently shipped as of September 8th, but I've yet to get it. I've just contacted Support, hoping it wasn't sent to the wrong address.
  • edited August 2008
    I won't get mine until the Soundtrack and Case Files ship.

Until then, I guess I'll just sit here and wonder if that whole thing about my teacher who teaches a college level class about the devil loving episode 205 and will be using it in his future classes is on there or not. :p
  • edited August 2008
    I got mine today. And I'm not sure what you guys did different than with Season One's but this one will actually play on my DVD player with no sound skipping! :D

Of the 3 ?Alternate endings I saw in the easter eggs, my favorite is 101.
  • edited August 2008
    Avel wrote: »
    I could email you a scan of it so you can see it, but otherwise you should probably contact support.

Thanks, I'll email the support, but if nothing comes of it I'll take you up on that offer just so I can at least say i've seen it, cheers :)
  • edited September 2008
    I got in touch with support, they are going to sort it for me :D
  • edited September 2008
    Just got a confirmation my order is shipping.
    This means that not only the DVD is winning it's way to the Netherlands, but also the paperback version of Surfin' the Highway, and ... surprise ... the Season Two Case File! I didn't know these were ready!?!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    barchetta wrote: »
    and ... surprise ... the Season Two Case File! I didn't know these were ready!?!

Yep, lovingly assembled by Doug and our intern Kris. They just started shipping this week. I can't wait to hear everyone's reactions. :D
  • edited September 2008
    I'm still waiting on the Soundtrack to be pressed, packed, and shipped to your warehouse.
  • edited September 2008
    I got my case file and it's awesome. I'm surprised how heavy the Soul Train token is, love the invitation (now if I only spoke German). Off to try out the CD.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.