Any chance..?

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
Any chance that if you buy the whole sam&max season 1 . You can have the option of picking the wii disc instead of the computor disk? Or that if you order Sam&Max Wii, you can download the episodes.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Probably not. I certainly wouldn't crush what feeble hope you hang on to though.
  • edited August 2008
    They're different products. It'd be like buying the Xbox 360 version of some game and expecting to get the PS3 and PC versions of some game included for free.
  • edited August 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    They're different products. It'd be like buying the Xbox 360 version of some game and expecting to get the PS3 and PC versions of some game included for free.

Sorry...?
  • edited August 2008
    I hate to correct a Telltale worker, but I think he meant will there ever be a time that instead of purchasing the PC season 1 disc, he can rather purchase the Wii disc. I don't think he was suggesting giving both versions away for one price.

That said, I seriously doubt it for right now.
  • edited August 2008
    HitTheRoad wrote: »
    I hate to correct a Telltale worker, but I think he meant will there ever be a time that instead of purchasing the PC season 1 disc, he can rather purchase the Wii disc. I don't think he was suggesting giving both versions away for one price.

That said, I seriously doubt it for right now.

It's like he's reading my mind!!!
  • edited August 2008
    What would be more likely is if you buy the Wii disc, you may be able to get the downloadable episodes via your account, but only after it comes out on the Wii, most likely after the season is run.
  • edited August 2008
    HitTheRoad wrote: »
    Right, and I was trying (and failing) to explain why it's not like just saying "I want this disc instead of that one."

When you buy the downloadable episodes through our store, you're buying the PC version. The disc that comes in the end is the game that you already bought, plus a bunch of extras.

The Wii version is a separate game. Telltale had to put money and development time into make the games playable on a Wii. Plus, with any console there's licensing and publishing type deals that only business types like to think about.

So to answer the first question: yes, there will be a time when he can purchase the Wii disc instead of the PC collector's disc. That's when the Wii version is released. Buying the Wii version doesn't let you download the episodes from Telltale (or Steam, or whoever else), though, because they're different games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.