SBCG4AP Demo needs activation?

edited August 2008 in Game Support
So I downloaded and installed the DEMO of SBCG4AP to try it out and when it's finally installed I click run and it says that there was an error with activation and I need to contact customer support, then after I close the window it opens back up again, I close that and it goes away, I tried multiple times with the same result.

Now, it was a very VAGUE error message, all it said was "There was a problem with activation please contact customer service" or something along those lines.
I proceeded to uninstall the demo.

If I could know why this happened and how to fix it I'll probably reinstall the demo and if its fun I'll most likely buy the game.

BY THE WAY, although it's irrelevant, Telltale has recently released Sam&max season one on Steam, do you intend to release SBCG4AP on Steam as well?(if so I'll probably hold out for that since I prefer Steam's DRM over SecuROM any day)

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    That's definitely a bit on the odd side. Do you have any sort of debugging software (Process Explorer for example) or cd-cloning programs (Daemon Tools, Alcohol, etc) running? Something could be playing tricks with SecuRom.

Oh, and as for Steam, we haven't made any announcements yet beyond PC and Wii.
  • edited August 2008
    Nope, not at all.

The only thing I could think of that could possibly be interfering is Norton and even then if it was blocking it it would tell me so and ask if I want to unblock it.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    If you could get a screenshot of the error, that would be very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.