Sam and Max's Iconic Sayings

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
You know, of all the famous Sam and Max lines, like "You crack me up little buddy," etc., I don't think that I've heard "I hate that" from Sam yet.

From the comics:
S: "Here goes. Ow! Feels like the convolutions of my brain are being analyzed. I hate that."

Bartender: "It's for you, McGruff!"
S: "Did you hear what he called me? I hate that."

I don't think I've heard "It makes me feel all crawly"/"It makes my skin crawl" either.

I guess they just don't fit with Telltale Games's calmer and more serious Sam--not that their interpretation is any less valid than the others. I actually like Telltale's interpretation Sam a lot.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    They also downplayed the "Sam, I mean, Max" bit from the comics. I seem to remember that there might have been one vague reference to it, but I don't remember exactly what.
  • edited August 2008
    michaelgum wrote: »
    They also downplayed the "Sam, I mean, Max" bit from the comics. I seem to remember that there might have been one vague reference to it, but I don't remember exactly what.

Sam once told Max in Season 1, "Quiet, headknuckle." Maybe that's it.
  • edited August 2008
    t_mack wrote: »
    Sam once told Max in Season 1, "Quiet, headknuckle." Maybe that's it.

No...I remember it too. They were in Bosco's store in Season 1. I just forget what episode, but Max said it...
  • edited August 2008
    You mean in Abe Lincoln Must Die, after Chuckles says he's always with the president?

Sam: Your co-dependency sickens me.
    Max: And it sickens me in exactly the same way, doesn't it, Max? I mean Sam.

Or are you talking about a totally different kind of joke? I haven't read the comics yet, so I wouldn't know.
  • edited August 2008
    Also, in the 203 finale, "You're gonna regret you ever tangled with me and Max! I mean, Sam!".
  • edited August 2008
    I think they downplayed the name confusion detail because there isn't really any place to put the joke other than the places previously stated. They don't greet each other like they do in HtR whenever you speak to Max and I think it would be a bit of a distraction if they did it during conversations with other characters.
  • edited August 2008
    Heres a good name confusion one.

Sam: "I kid you not, Max"
    Max: "I love it when you say 'I kid you not, Max.' I mean, Sam"

That was from the animated series i think
  • edited August 2008
    Snocat wrote: »
    Heres a good name confusion one.

Sam: "I kid you not, Max"
    Max: "I love it when you say 'I kid you not, Max.' I mean, Sam"

That was from the animated series i think

That's pretty deep. :)
  • edited August 2008
    Max:"Can I keep his head for a souvenir?"
  • edited August 2008
    Booga booga
  • edited August 2008
    My favorite lines are the ones that Max mistakes his name instead for Sam :p
  • edited August 2008
    Telltale needs to add more classic Sam & Max lines and give the series some serious nostalgia spice.

And I think the colorscheme should be a bit downplayed too. Season 2 was awesome, but it was waaay too colorful - made it look like it was intended for a younger audience. (And I know it was, but introduce them to something....diferrent, won't you?)
  • edited August 2008
    Do an episode in black and white! OOoooh film noir!
  • edited August 2008
    OOoooh film noir!

That's exactly something I would hear from Sam, I mean, Max.
  • edited August 2008
    Do an episode in black and white! OOoooh film noir!

Black and white would be cool. Maybe something like "Citizen Canine" (lame pun).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.