i met steve purcell at comic con 08

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
this is me w steve purcell anyone who knows who sam and max is should know who he is, and if you dont i slap your face and yell at you and this is what i yell hes the creator of sam and max and the awsome guy in the world and my friend for life! He was so nice when i met him and kinda cute too, anywho im a hardcore sam and max fan, i also have a max tatoo on my back. I cant wait to see steve again at comic con 09. lots of love to all you other hardcore sam and max fans!!!!! 571.jpg

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I saw him next to the DC booth, we had a discussion about the newer incarnations of Batman before I even knew who he was. I finally found out later who he was when I got my Surfin' on the Highway paperback signed at the Artist Alley (which is where it looks like you are).
  • edited August 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    I saw him next to the DC booth, we had a discussion about the newer incarnations of Batman before I even knew who he was. I finally found out later who he was when I got my Surfin' on the Highway paperback signed at the Artist Alley (which is where it looks like you are).
    yep i spent 600.00 worth just on sam and max stuff that day and had steve sign it all. he is so my idle, and i bought his original artwork of the max skull and cross bones and got it tatooed on my back. I sent a pic of it to steve purcell and he liked it. I frickin love him.
  • edited August 2008
    I met him too at Comic-Con (though all my photos didn't come out... *depressed*) at the Shout Factory booth on Friday. He signed my Season 1+2 DVD covers and a postcard (which he also drew the head of my favorite character: Sam!). He's an interesting guy with a good sense of humor and such a sport. I kinda felt sorry for him. So many obsessed fans. I wonder when he gets time to breathe. ^^;

I was impressed that he recognized my costume. Then again, he and Tim Schafer were confreres way back... or at least acquaintances... ^^; I'm not quite sure... I always viewed them as rivals, so I don't want to say anything out-of-line... if not already... ^^;;;

I also met Scott Campbell. Now he is handsome. *gentle laugh*
  • edited August 2008
    You're lucky! One day I hope to go over to America, drink your Kool-Aid, spell my words incorrectly and meet Steve and the Telltale crew, and have them all sign a bunch of my stuff. I envy you guys!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid!
  • edited August 2008
    Whats Kool-Aid? Cat piss?
  • edited August 2008
    Whats Kool-Aid? Cat piss?

I thought was Mountain Dew? :D
  • edited August 2008
    Same thing isn't it?
  • edited August 2008
    for all you non american people who dont know what kool aid is here is the best description of it it is a powdered sugery drink mix that comes in several flavors you mix the power w water and sugar and drink. there is a lemonaid flavor chery flavor grape flavor strawberry, kiwi, orange and watermelon are just some of the flavors. it taste good but it is very unheathy.
  • edited August 2008
    And yet, the phrase "drink the kool-aid" is about a cult (in the 80s? can't remember) who mixed some drug/suicide pill/whatever with kool-aid and got their cult members to drink it.

So "drinking the kool-aid" means believing any sort of crap you're told (no matter how ridiculous it sounds) just like a good cult member.
  • edited August 2008
    makes a nice cup of iced cherry flavored kool aid.
  • edited August 2008
    "Thank you for the kool-aid, reverend Jim!"
  • edited August 2008
    2dsgurl wrote: »
    for all you non american people who dont know what kool aid is here is the best description of it it is a powdered sugery drink mix that comes in several flavors you mix the power w water and sugar and drink. there is a lemonaid flavor chery flavor grape flavor strawberry, kiwi, orange and watermelon are just some of the flavors. it taste good but it is very unheathy.

Kool-Aid unhealthy!?!?! Blasphemy!!!!!!
  • edited August 2008
    I occasionally reminisce about a really bad chemical powdered drink mix called 'raro', which tasted like tang mixed with industrial solvent :)
  • edited August 2008
    2dsgurl wrote: »
    makes a nice cup of iced cherry flavored kool aid.

O_RLY-Quite.jpg
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    *ahem*

Back on topic, please. :)
  • edited August 2008
    I think the Jonestown reference is a bit too esoteric for today's audience...

Anyway, Comic-Con is a great experience
  • edited August 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    And yet, the phrase "drink the kool-aid" is about a cult (in the 80s? can't remember) who mixed some drug/suicide pill/whatever with kool-aid and got their cult members to drink it.

Yeah, but we don't have that one in San Diego. Instead we have Heaven's Gate.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.