What is the case file.

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
Hey guys. What is in the case file thingumies. Could someone please describe it for me? Thanks guys.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Sam & Max Season Two Case File
    Back by popular demand! Once again, we've gone to great lengths to collect actual evidence from each of Sam & Max's recent cases, and are presenting it to you in a one-of-a-kind, hand-stamped envelope. With goodies ranging from the original LP recording of the Friendly Demon song to a real live Soul Train token, you don't want to miss this collection of random crap.

The Season Two case file is a limited edition and there's no way we'll produce more when they're gone, so keep that in mind when you're deciding how to spend the five bucks and ninety-nine pennies currently rattling around in your pockets! (Expected shipping timeframe: September 2008)

... you really are a little lazy, if you can't even look in the store to find it yourself :p
  • edited August 2008
    Hey guys. What is in the case file thingumies. Could someone please describe it for me? Thanks guys.
    the case file? that's a simple question...it's awesome of course.
  • edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    the case file? that's a simple question...it's awesome of course.

wisp speaks the truth
  • edited August 2008
    Flip through the "Season 2 DVD, Soundtrack, Case File" Sticky. It has pictures of the case file's contents.

It's basically something you can buy along with your DVD to make a "Special Edition" of sorts. It contains little collectables like a mini CD featuring the Little Demon Song(and a few songs from Stinky's Jukebox"), an invitation to one of Jurgen's raves, a soul train token, etc. Some stuff from each episode.
  • edited August 2008
    Is there a way to get everything together for one price? Like the entire Season 2 WITH the goodies? I thought I remember buying the first season with the case file?

Or maybe a Sam and Max super gigantic bundle with EVERYTHING including a hardcover signed book? LOL. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    i don't think so...but there is a season 2 goodie bundle, with the soundtrack case file and print and then there is the season 2 media bundle with the season 2 disc, the animated series and surfin the highway (didn't check, if it is the soft- or hardcover)...this should keep your sam & max needs satisfied for a few weeks.
  • edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i don't think so...but there is a season 2 goodie bundle, with the soundtrack case file and print and then there is the season 2 media bundle with the season 2 disc, the animated series and surfin the highway (didn't check, if it is the soft- or hardcover)...this should keep your sam & max needs satisfied for a few weeks.

There is so much to get. LOL. I have Season one including the case file. I guess I need to buy it all for Season Two now - can't have an incomplete set.

Are the cartoons any good? I dunno.. something about a non-Steven Purcell/Teltale style Sam & Max seems weird. Also, the voices sounded strange from what I heard. The games are what I'm so used to!
  • edited August 2008
    The series is more kid friendly, but it's still pretty good. Steve did work on the show and also wrote a few episodes.
  • edited August 2008
    Bundling the case file with the Season 2 disc would be pretty redundant, in my view. Since the price of the thing is already very low, and people buying the case file are already going to buy the case file and nobody buying the case file will think "OH, well, I should buy Season 2 as well!"

From a business perspective, such a bundle makes no sense.
  • edited August 2008
    (...)and people buying the case file are already going to buy the case file(...)
    well now, that is also totally true...sort of.:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.