Screen Resolution question

edited August 2008 in Game Support
Hello,

I have a question about the screen Resolution in SBCG4AP, what is the best Resolution to use? I have tried them all and they all have different graphics,
the highest is the slowest and the graphics look cartoony, the second highest is normal graphics yet it's still slow, the lowest is good but the graphics look all fuzzy and weird lookings. It also makes Snake Boxer slower and the mouse is smaller. So which one do you think is better?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I just use the native resolution of my monitor. Right click your desktop, go to Personalize (I think it's called Properties on XP), then click Display Settings and see what resolution you've got. For example, I run my game and monitor at 1680x1050.
  • edited August 2008
    mine is 1024by768, so what Resolution would be the best for my monitor?
  • edited August 2008
    If you've got your monitor set as 1024x768, then I suggest running the game at that too. :) If the game doesn't have that as an option, pick the closest one to it that you can.
  • edited August 2008
    That would be the highest screen resolution in the game, yet it's slow and it has a small mouse.
  • edited August 2008
    The game only lets you pick resolutions that your monitor can handle, so that's why. I'm not sure why it'd be going slow, though... perhaps your computer cannot handle running the game that high. Did Sam & Max run smoothly for you in that resolution?
  • edited August 2008
    Yes, it ran fine, so i don't know why it runs so bad with Strong Bad.
  • edited August 2008
    Perhaps your computer lacks the advancedness to handle all the super-fancy shaderiffic effects?
  • edited August 2008
    buy some ram. i've had slowdown issues with telltale's games before and then i upgraded my memory and now they run smoothly.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Perhaps your computer lacks the advancedness to handle all the super-fancy shaderiffic effects?

I don't think so, Sam & Max has the same graphics, sort of.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Strong Bad has different stuff going on with the graphics than Sam & Max did, to achieve the cartoony look, so it makes your video card work harder.

You could try setting your resolution to 1024x768 and setting graphics quality to low - that might speed things up for you.

If not, bump the resolution down to 800x600 and set the quality back on high.

There's really no "best" resolution. You should use whichever one looks best (to you) and performs best on your PC.
  • edited August 2008
    not really. sbcg4ap has simpler shading or some other computer-type details that is easier on the hardware.

[edit, now that emily has made me look silly:]

er. harder on the hardware? weird. it ran much better for me than sam and max ever did.
  • edited August 2008
    Thanks all for the help, even though i'm kinda stuck with the lowest settings, i'll try to do what you said Emily, anyway thanks again all.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Well, I would say that graphically speaking, Homestar is more taxing than Sam & Max was. It also probably uses up more processor power. RAM-...ically speaking though, I would say Sam & Max probably used up more resources. So it really depends on what your computer's strong points are. That said, these estimates are gut feeling on my part and may be completely and utterly wrong.
This discussion has been closed.