Drawing of Max

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
My wife draw Max for me. I love it!!:D
s5021622fv1.jpg

Comments

• edited August 2008
    This is my wife's abstract image of max.
    maxgk9.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    Wow your Wife can really draw man.
  • edited August 2008
    That's fantastic.

My only worry is...if Max is wearing Sam's clothing, erm...do I even want to know about Sam?
  • edited August 2008
    wow! very cool!
  • edited August 2008
    That's fantastic.

My only worry is...if Max is wearing Sam's clothing, erm...do I even want to know about Sam?

Don't be silly. They aren't Sam's clothes. Sam doesn't wear shoes.
  • edited August 2008
    Odd word to describe Max, but... He's adorable. ^^ (Try to nudge your wife into drawing more pictures!) I wonder who's clothes he stole though...
  • edited September 2008
    Yes, he is adorable in a strange yet weird violent way :).
  • edited September 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    (Try to nudge your wife into drawing more pictures!)
    Already did ;) she started drawing not that long ago :)
  • edited September 2008
    Your wife is good at this I say, GOOD!
  • edited September 2008
    I never ever draw, but I was bored in class today and I made a sketch of Max that I think turned out to be okay considering I have zero talent and haven't drawn so much as a circle in like 5 years. But guess what, it actually isn't what I wanted him to look like. Originally I wanted to have him squatted over, ready to pounce, but I found no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get it to look right. I couldn't visualize in my head what Max looks like bent over, ready to pounce. So I gave up.

picture30vf6.jpg

It's hard to see since I don't have a proper scanner and I didn't even bother to properly outline it darkly, but still. And if you look closely you can see some circles and lines I used in a lousy attempt to draw like a pro by drawing lots of 'hands go here, feet go here' etc. reference stuff that I don't understand.

Edit: Sketched another one. It turned out okay...but the ball looks less round than I thought it did now that I look at it....also it took me like an hour. Steve Purcell could draw this in 5 minutes.
    sketchxa5.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Already did ;) she started drawing not that long ago :)

So I guess I should be nudging you to scan them in, eh? :nudge, nudge:

Rakushun wrote: »
    I never ever draw, but I was bored in class today and I made a sketch of Max that I think turned out to be okay considering I have zero talent and haven't drawn so much as a circle in like 5 years. But guess what, it actually isn't what I wanted him to look like. Originally I wanted to have him squatted over, ready to pounce, but I found no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get it to look right. I couldn't visualize in my head what Max looks like bent over, ready to pounce. So I gave up.

Shouldn't you make your own topic and post your rather cool drawings inside? ^^; Hijacking topics isn't very polite...
  • edited September 2008

Shouldn't you make your own topic and post your rather cool drawings inside? ^^; Hijacking topics isn't very polite...
    I don't see what the problem is. We don't need a bunch of 'here's a sketch I made' topics cluttering up the forums, and standard policy is to see if there's a similar thread before making a new one anyway.
  • edited September 2008
    All of those are excellent. I can hardly draw a stick figure.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008

I think he's perfectly welcome to allow his drawings of Max to share the spotlight with yours in the thread you created about drawings of Max. They're all good, cool drawings, so no worries, right?
  • edited September 2008
    Even though Max is naked all the time, I feel dirty looking at him wearing an open trench coat.
  • edited September 2008

Drawing isnt done yet, she's been busy lately.
    Agree with TrogLlama dont need tons of topics about the same.
  • edited September 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Even though Max is naked all the time, I feel dirty looking at him wearing an open trench coat.

Yes! My thoughts exactly :D
  • edited September 2008
    omg no pants! have you no shame! XD

I like the KaMeHaMeHa pic!
  • edited September 2008
    Here is the drawing my wife were was doing for me :D
    s5021631ni2.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Very nice!
  • edited September 2008
    Those are gorgeous pictures! :D
  • edited September 2008
    Nice drawings. I wish I had drawing skills. :)
  • edited September 2008
    The last picture is pretty nice - Sam is absolutely PERFECT, but what happened to Max?
  • edited September 2008
    Another bored in class sketch.

samsketchrh3.jpg

I'm never drawing Sam cross-armed again. Those little gray lines are all erased marks, not shading or coloring.
    If Sam let his arms drop past to his waist, his hands would probably go past his knees.

Also his torso/coat is too long, but if I wanted to shorten it I'd have to shorten his legs to even it out.
    I also have another drawing of Sam I did, but it basically looks exactly the same. It's just bigger, a bit more finalized looking, and not as disproportionate. And his arms aren't crossed.
    Of course, that begs the question as to why I uploaded the worse of the two. I don't know.
  • edited September 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »

yeah I feel exactly the same thing about this drawing that's... strange oô but it's really well done ^^

and your sam drawing is awesome I think, he HAS a really long coat usually ^^
  • edited October 2008
    The Max in the coat reminds me of that episode of the cartoon where Sam and Max go into the Greek restaurant

He puts it on to get in and is glad they don't worry about 'No Pants'
Sign in to comment in this discussion.