New Site design

edited January 2005 in General Chat
Well I don't know about all of you but I like it. With all the right tweeks it going to be pretty good. The blue is kind of soothing. It would be great if you could choose the site design in you MY TELLTALE preferances.

Comments

• edited January 2005
    Not the big makeover was it? Not that the site needs it either. But let's hope the My Telltale registration is the preparation for something big. Heh. As in: GAME!

By the way, when I try to change my preference to HTML or text in my "My Telltale" account, it just returns with an error. (it is not set to a default)
  • edited January 2005
    Whoops, sorry 'bout that problem with the email preferences. All fixed!

Thanks for letting me know.

Glad you guys like the new look - and yes it is in preparation for something! ;)

So, Burn, what tweaks are you talking about? Love to hear them. At some point we will be implementing a user selected theme system - good suggestion!
  • edited January 2005
    Well, how about the rollovers at the top, 3 of them still turn to the old red image on my computer.
  • edited January 2005
    Try pressing ctrl f5 or clearing the cache.
  • edited January 2005
    Now I know something was meant to go wrong when I did that, but i browse the net on my Mac, so it left me uneffected. What's it meant to do? Quit out of the browser or something?
  • edited January 2005
    I'm totally diggin' the new site.
  • edited January 2005
    Well, I grew attached to the woodsy, homely, campfire-y old look of the site... It stood out of the crowd of generic web designs you see everywhere else.

Of course, the new blue and white color scheme delivers that 'professional' look (like Bill Gates' Blue Screens ;) ). Soothing, but not very exciting.

Hey, thanks for not putting any '45-degree-angle edges' anywhere on the site!
  • edited January 2005
    Oh, and the top-menu is a little confusing... At first I was terrified that you removed the blogs completely, then I found them under 'Community', where there is also a redundant link to the forums... so you got a link to the forums in the first level-structure (blue) and in second-level-grey under Community... maybe the menu needs a little reworking?
  • edited January 2005
    Now I know something was meant to go wrong when I did that, but i browse the net on my Mac, so it left me uneffected. What's it meant to do? Quit out of the browser or something?

Nothing was meant to go wrong. Sometimes the cache gets wierd nd dispays old images instead of the most recent ones. ctrl f5 clears the cache for the page that is currently dispayed (come to think of it I'm not sure it works on anything other than Firefox).
  • edited January 2005
    Great, you fixed the rollover.
  • edited January 2005
    Site looks great, although that retro bathroom tile look you had way back wasnt that bad either.
  • edited January 2005
    The new site design looks great! I definitely like it better than the, er..."retro bathroom tile" look. ;) Nice job, guys!
  • edited January 2005
    i really dig the new design

pretty relaxing B-)
This discussion has been closed.