season 1 on wii np review!

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
np is ninteno power.
it got a 7.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    That's out of five right?
  • Lol. No, outta 10. Still, seven is good for a Third-Party game on Nintendo Power...
  • edited September 2008
    What were the reasons they gave for the number? Personally, I tend to prefer the text of the review to the number, since the number doesn't tell me anything about what the reviewer likes or doesn't like.

For example, the grade can be due to the port being...just a port. Or perhaps they didn't like some of the controls that were adapted from those that were made with PC in mind during development.

Also, there has to be room for Season 2 to get a higher number than Season 1. ;)
  • edited September 2008
    im gonna try to scan the review.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    It's a good review... short, but positive overall.

There are actually a bunch of reviews hitting in magazines now, but most are in the UK so I haven't seen them. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/945731.asp
  • edited September 2008
    I was actually disappointed when I read that. I thought it deserved much more than a seven. D:
  • edited September 2008
    Seven's not really a bad score. It's above average.

If it wasn't for inflated scores for all the overhyped games, I wouldn't think seven would even register as a bad score.

(Personally though, I'd give the game an 8, d:)
  • edited September 2008
    What about SBCG4AP did that ever get reviewed
  • according to Emily's post... it got mostly 8's and a few 7's. That's pretty good. If Season 2 ever comes out on Wii, than I bet it'll have mostly 8's and 9's.
    edited September 2008
    supmandude wrote: »
    What about SBCG4AP did that ever get reviewed

I think Nintendo Power will be reviewing Homestar Ruiner in their next issue. Don't know about the score though. :p
  • edited October 2008
    The Wii never gets any games, aside from "Super Mario XLVIII" and about a billion mario sports games. So why did nintendo power rate it so low? It's an excellent game/s.
    I will probably buy it, seeing as I can't run it on mac.
  • edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    I think Nintendo Power will be reviewing Homestar Ruiner in their next issue. Don't know about the score though. :p

For virtual console and wiiware games (or anything downloadable) all it gets is either "Recommended" "hmmm" or "Grumble Grumble".
    It got a "Recommended"
  • edited October 2008
    For some reason, the general consensus from reviews I've read is that the Wii version isn't as funny as the PC version. *shrug*

No, they don't actually say that, but for some reason the reviews that say the games aren't that funny are suddenly coming out of the woodwork for the Wii version. Namely, Game Informer and IGN. IGN seemed just fine with the PC versions...
  • edited October 2008
    Wow, I've just read IGN's review out of curiosity and it's awful. It's just a few complaints about the script and gameplay (Season One's puzzles aren't that hard, I can't see anyone having to do everything by trial & error like it says) and then the reviewer links to the PC version reviews. They are hardly reviewing anything...

I'll try to post Spanish scores when they start coming up :P
    edited October 2008
    IGN seemed just fine with the PC versions...

It was a different reviewer and individual tastes differ, so I wouldn't read too much into that. I did think the comment about the puzzles being illogical was odd, though, since usually people say the opposite about Telltale's Sam & Max games (compared to Hit the Road).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.