lol had to use a walkthrough

edited September 2008 in Sam & Max
Season 1 - bright side of the moon. Max is loopy from being split into Bliss and only tells me "might be something worth money in the office" but then i couldn't find what it was. .... How the hell are you meant to find out its inside that guy's stomach ?... Max wont tell you its there ..

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I think he says earlier on that he was feeding Leonard bits of paper lying around the office, and hints at it being the constitution thingy.
    I had to look at walkthroughs for that as well though, not the easiest puzzle in the world.
  • edited September 2008
    Not even a puzzle really then more like a memory game where if your not listening you wont ever be able to solve. What happens if you never click on Lenard before Max gets split .. would it be even possible to find out without a walkthrough ?
  • edited September 2008
    Wa1sh wrote: »
    Not even a puzzle really then more like a memory game where if your not listening you wont ever be able to solve. What happens if you never click on Lenard before Max gets split .. would it be even possible to find out without a walkthrough ?

Yeah, but that's part of the way Adventure games work. It isn't about "try object a with object b" so much as it is about observation and (in some sense) logic reasoning.

Besides, if memory serves me correctly, if you click on Leonard after Max has been split up, you will get the same line of script that you would before the event anyway.
  • edited September 2008
    when i clicked on him

Sam: did you remember to feed Leonard ?
    max: yep

/end

thats after he was split when i needed to get the the blue tail
  • edited September 2008
    I think if you click on Leonard earlier in the game, you get a more hint-based dialogue string
  • edited September 2008
    yea i know that now but what if you didn't ? i mean there would be no way to solve the puzzle other then to fluke it
  • edited September 2008
    There's just being random. I mean, c'mon! After you got the ability to make people throw up, would't you use it on EVERYONE? You get some really interesting commentary from Sam most of the time, but it would still eventually lead you to solving that puzzle.
  • edited September 2008
    I'd completely forgotten about Leonard, so I didn't think to try it on him.
  • edited September 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    There's just being random. I mean, c'mon! After you got the ability to make people throw up, would't you use it on EVERYONE? You get some really interesting commentary from Sam most of the time, but it would still eventually lead you to solving that puzzle.

Hmm... if I remember right, I actually think that's how I solved the puzzle, too... just floating around, goofing off in the world... and then when something happened, it was a pleasant surprise.
  • edited September 2008
    Isn't that kind of thing the general idea of adventure games?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.