Error on SBCG4AP

edited September 2008 in Game Support
Hello,
I click on the icon to start the game and a message came up saying: Internal Error, then why i click Okay, the starter screen comes up but it's all white.

EDIT: I just tried a Sam & Max game and it does the same thing!

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited September 2008
    Can you be more specific and state exactly what the Internet Error was?

Also, what version of Internet Explorer do you have installed on your computer?

Regardless of what your default browser is, the wrapper content before you play the game uses Internet Explorer (long story). Don't worry though, it doesn't change your browser preferences!
  • edited September 2008
    Internet Explorer 7, don't know why but I installed it yesterday, that's when it stopped working.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2008
    Can you state what exactly the error message says when you launch Strong Bad?
  • edited September 2008
    Internal Error, that's it, Internal Error.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2008
    Are you running any security software?
    Also, are you able to go to the Telltale website in Internet Explorer itself?
  • edited September 2008
    Yes. It works there.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2008
    Again, do you have any security software like McAffee or Norton? Anything that brands itself as security or anti-virus software.
  • edited September 2008
    Yes I do, but it never gave me problems before.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2008
    I need to know what exactly the make and version number of all the security software you have installed on your computer.

So we can make some progress, there's also a few things I want you to try. First, update your security software to the latest version, reboot if asked, then try running the game. If that doesn't work, temporarily disable the security software and try running again.

Please tell me the make and version number of the security software, the steps I outlined above, and exactly what happened when you preformed these steps.
  • edited September 2008
    I have all the latest software of my security stuff, I don't know what order number they have but I do know it's not Nortan.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    In order for us to be able to help you, we need you to look up the information we request. Otherwise there isn't much we can do to help.
  • edited September 2008
    Well, all I know is that I have Trend Micro and Spy Sweeper, both never gave me problems with your games.

EDIT: Ok I don't know what I did but I just clicked on the icon again and it worked. Game plays now. Don't know why.
This discussion has been closed.