Sam & Max Season 1: odd resolutions renders Options inaccessible

edited March 2014 in Game Support

My display's only supported resolutions are 1920×1080, 1280×720, 720×576, and 720×480. This appears to blow poor Sam & Max's mind. After some work I've gotten it running in a window, and while it's a shame I can't run it full screen, pillarboxed, I can live with that.

The bigger problem is that I can't access the Options at all. Doing so wedges the game; the menu remains clickable, but nothing ever happens. My guess is that Sam & Max tries to enumerate the available resolutions, hates everything, and freaks out. This locks me out of the Options menu entirely. I find the default sound mix drowns out some of the dialogue, and I'd like to adjust it, but can't. I'd also like to toggle subtitles (if it's an option).

Is there anything I can do?

I've tried the Tell Tale Games Custom Resolution Tool; setting it to resolutions my display supports, or to traditional resolutions doesn't help.

Comments

• To partially answer my own question based on further research: The Nvidia drivers offer a "Customize" option for resolution. After clicking through a warning that my monitor may explode, it let me enter 800×600 and successfully set my display. It rejected 640×480. And sure enough, once in 800×600, the Options menu worked fine.

This is only a partial answer as I don't know if it applies to any other video cards.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for the extra information, and I am glad you are able to set it to the resolution of your preference now.

To partially answer my own question based on further research: The Nvidia drivers offer a "Customize" option for resolution. After clicking

This discussion has been closed.