Sam and Max Season 2 DVD troubles

edited September 2008 in Game Support
Okay, I'm trying to install this game off the DVD, but whenever I get to the "Install Game" screen (The first screen you see) and click "Install Game", it freezes up on me and I don't get a response. Can anyone help with this, or am I screwed an just need to download the episodes?

Also, that's the only thing I have trouble with when I run the DVD. I can access the folders and extra content just fine.

I'm running this on Vista, in case that matters.

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited September 2008
    Looks like some Vista funny business going on.

Can you navigate to your 'My Computer' folder, then right-click on the drive icon for your DVD drive. You should see an option 'Install Sam & Max Season 2'. Try that and see if the setup runs correctly.

Also keep in mind you need to be an admin to make the install work.
  • edited September 2008
    It didn't work. The "Computer" folder froze up whenever I right-clicked the icon and clicked the install command.

Also, I checked and I'm logged in as an admin, so that's not the problem.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    One thing you can try if you have the space is dragging the entire contents of the DVD onto a folder on your hard drive, then attempting to run the installer from there.
  • edited September 2008
    Also, the installer is on one file, setup.exe, on the root of the disc. You might be able to run that directly, or copy it to the computer and run it from there.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    ah, yeah, then ignore that whole copy the disk thing. Just copy the setup.
  • edited September 2008
    Did that and it worked. Thanks, guys! Game's awesome, by the way. Enjoying it just as much as Season 1.
This discussion has been closed.