sam and max season 1 game disc does nothing

edited September 2008 in Game Support
Hi,

This is the second copy of the game I have purchased ... I was able to play the free demo fine off the internet.

The first copy I bought from best buy and when I put in the game disc it had no response. Then I browsed MyComputer for the drive and double clicked and it showed nothing. I then stuck in the extras disc and it autostarted and that worked fine, I could also manualy browse that drive. Since it did nothing and the disc seemed empty (the display in my computer shows 0 bytes total size and free space for the game disc) I returned the game to best buy.

This next time, I purchased the game from amazon since best buy had no copies. Unfortunatly, this copy of the game had the exact same problem. At this point I am perplexed. I found nobody with the same problem and this has never happened to me with any other game, movie, cd on my computer. What should I do? I would really like to be able to play this game, this time though I can not return it through amazon ...

Comments

• edited September 2008
    This is actually a problem with how the discs were made not working with certain models of dvd/cd roms. If you contact The Adventure Company who are responsible for the retail release they can send you a version of the disc that will work. Until that happens I can give you a copy of the downloadable versions if you would like. Just send in an email to support@telltalegames.com and I can help out.
  • edited September 2008
    I had the same problem when I bought game from BestBuy. Luckily I had a 2nd computer where the drive read the CD fine-- just copy the files (~430mb) to the 1st computer if its networked, or copy it to a USB stick or hard drive.
  • edited September 2008
    Or, as Scott said, you can get a free replacement from The Adventure Company :)
  • edited September 2008
    ok thanks scott, i'll email you for the downloadable version and contact those guys too.
This discussion has been closed.