SBCG4AP: math bros. freezes

edited January 2009 in Game Support
Whenever I play the "Math Kickers" fun machine game in Strong Badia the Free (PC), the game (math kickers, not SBCG4AP) frequently freezes when I press X for right attack. This seems to happen every time I press X when enemies aren't on the screen, and sometimes when they are. I can't move in the fun machine game again until I hit Q twice and click the fun machine again. This is making "math kickers" pretty much unplayable for me.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Could you post your system specs.
  • edited September 2008
    My computer has a Pentium 4 2.39 GHz processor and 640 MB RAM. Any other specs you want? I'm running the game at high graphics quality and at 1024x768; I don't seem to have any other problems with it. Oh, and I'm using Windows XP SP2.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Thanks Tim, that should help us a lot. I'll look into it for you.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm having this same problem, although it doesn't seem to be every time I hit X, I didn't notice if that's what was triggering it but the game completely freezes (although mockingly animated) until I quit back into the main game.

System is a DV9417CA HP Pavilion with an AMD Turion 64 x2 1.8ghz with 2 gigs of ram and a GeForce Go 6150 running Vista Home Premium after using the DirectX updater included with the installer for the game. Would it help if I attached a txt file of the full DxDiag report?
  • edited September 2008
    I'm playing on the wii and it doesn't freeze for me. All it does is when it gets to the boss, it can't hurt me. It just sits above me and when it comes down to attack, it just stops before it hits the ground. I don't know if it's supposed to do that but it's really easy to beat that way :S
  • edited September 2008
    I've figured out more specifically when it happens for me. It freezes whenever I hit X and the fireball doesn't successfully hit and "add" an enemy.
  • edited September 2008
    After replaying a few times I'll agree with Tim there, apparently dividing by zero is not an issue, but adding a zero is.

I had to get myself a green score by subtracting only.
    edited September 2008
    Thanks a bunch guys. Huge help.
  • edited September 2008
    my wiiware version froze too. I added the moment i got hit. That's when it froze. Then the Wii refused to shut off. I held the power button for 5 minutes then unplugged it.
  • edited September 2008
    I just played through the game again and was able to add and subtract just fine, even if I was throwing the energy/addition ball in between ninja... equations or missing. It did lock up on me once when the subtraction guy got hit with one of those deadly arithmetic stars while I was shooting the add blast, and then I tried over and over again to freeze it that way, but it's playing fine now. Do Telltale games silently update themselves? Because I haven't made any system changes/updates since I first got the game, and the only thing I can think of that's different between when I had trouble and now is the fact I'm not using Vista's ReadyBoost feature with my memory stick. I'll try it again with ReadyBoost just for kicks.

Tried it before I posted, and oddly enough the first time I played I purposely missed with the add ball and it immediately locked up, so I had to quit. Then I ran it again and fired several add balls the wrong way and it played fine.:confused:
    edited September 2008
    Nope, no silent updates. This is likely due to the persnickety nature of the bug.
  • edited January 2009
    I had this today in the Steam-Version of the game.
    It occured when I used X.
    Might the problem be that there must not be more then 6 Ninjas on the right side. (more then fit on the right side) I was only using the X-Key when this appeared since Z is a little bit too far away on the german Keyboard.
    Maybe that helps.
This discussion has been closed.