Cubeecraft!

edited November 2009 in Sam & Max
So I found a great website called Cubeecraft that makes printable paper doll patterns of various characters. Low and behold Sam & Max were there! So I decided to make them. I also made a few other cubees: Strongbad, Duck Hunt dog and Meta Knight. These dolls don't require any glue or tape which makes them fairly easy to make. Just a warning though you need a lot of time and patience to make these :P There's also a blank template to make your own. Maybe some of you more talented folks could make a Homestarr or Strongsad cubee. Or maybe TellTale could contract out Cubeecraft to make a whole series of Sam & Max, Strongbad, Wallace & Gromit cubees much the same way 4K!dsTV or Princess Bride Game did.

CIMG2180.jpg

CIMG2181.jpg

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I found this site a couple months ago but only visited it a few times. I actually got so frustrated with my Max, I crumpled it up and threw it half way across the room.:D
  • edited September 2008
    Haha that's awesome. Ya a few times I accidently cut the wrong thing or folded it the wrong way. So aggravating. I recommend people print them off on thick paper or card stock and use a craft knife for the small precision cuts.
  • edited September 2008
    I ended up making Sam, Max, and Strong Bad myself. Sam's hat and head caused me the most problems.
  • edited September 2008
    Can I get a EPIC!
  • edited September 2008
    Never really liked cubeecraft. Too simplistic and... boxy for me. I do like making papercraft characters though. I have a Susumu ("Mr Driller") model on my desk. They are quite cute if you have the time...
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah, but some papercrafts are just insanely hard to make, especially if you have big hands.
  • edited September 2008
    ooh! a Tardis!

I'll be spending the rest of the month making over 9000 of them!
  • edited September 2008
    I made a Lucas one. Tiny folding and cutting is bothersome.
  • edited September 2008
    That Max looks awesome.Sam looks cute in there.Strong Bad looks nice,the Duck Hunt Dog looks pretty nice but the MK I didn't like...

Pretty nice stuff.
  • edited September 2008
    They unveiled a few more last night!
    098a.png

This one made my day!
    They also have Darth Vader now
  • edited September 2008
    I'm going to scare people with my Barrack Obama cubecraft thingy! Imagine this squarish senator jumping at you from a dark corner
    election-obama.png
  • edited September 2008
    I can think of few things scarier than Obama, that's true enough

099a.png
    oh, wait... Mayor McCheese always creeped the crap outta' me
  • edited September 2008
    I'm really getting into this Papercraft stuff. This site has some really neat ones: http://www.harlancore.com/boxpunx/

They're a little more complicated than the cubeecraft ones but they're still glueless!
  • edited September 2009
    I recently did a cubee of 011iver from Must Love Robots, and now that I think about it, it'd be really easy to convert into a Strong Sad or Bubs cubee. Hmm....
  • edited November 2009
    someone has a lo-poly model of sam n max?
    i want to test pepakura designer
    http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
    tks
  • edited November 2009
    damaper wrote: »
    someone has a lo-poly model of sam n max?
    i want to test pepakura designer
    http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
    tks

I have a model of Max (dont remember hte polycount) but not sam... What format are you wanting it in? right now it's in either MB (Maya Binary) or MA (Maya ASCII)
  • edited November 2009
    any, i will try to convert them
    tks
    email in pm
Sign in to comment in this discussion.